+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sure wish they offered more of an array of syrups that just caramel and vanilla. I've gotten to the point where I use a mixture of caramel and vanilla in my coffee, and it is surprisingly good!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't believe I ordered this on Sunday and here it is Tuesday morning and I am sipping my first cup! These samples will not last long - must order more!
    I am trying the breakfast blend and it is quite good.
    I have a question - my machine makes a kinda mechanical groan while it brews - is that normal?
    It's not that bad, I just didn't know what to expect. I thought it would just whoosh out the hot water.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Sorry about the double post, I have another question that I don't see answered in the manual - Do you keep it turned on 24/7 or switch it off when you know you are done with it for the day?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The noise you hear is probably not unusual. Mine had a pretty good shudder when I first got it, but it settled out. It is not a totally quiet machine. If it goes on longer than you think is reasonable, call customer service. They are wonderful, and really want to see you happy. Also, the machine will turn itself off if left on for a while. It kind of goes into sleep mode.

And for a treat, sometimes put a dollop of ice cream in the coffee! It is a blessing!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My machine makes a couple of noises as the water comes out. But nothing major. I just showed my older sister and BIL it yesterday and her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree!! Wow, she said. Maybe we should get one...then looked up at hubby

My computer printed died long ago, so maybe I'll print out those coupons on my evil twin sinister's machine.

note to self: Must order more coffee!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hmmmm, I am just a tad bewildered here. I had a reallly great conversation when I phoned customer service last Friday to place my first Flavia order. The woman really could not have been nicer. She said that the order would not go out until Monday and that if it got out early enough I might get it Tuesday or I might get it by Wednesday (today). Definitely by Friday (Nov. 24th)!

I then got an email on Monday night/Tuesday morning with the tracking number for my order. It said that it was in transit and scheduled to be delivered on MONDAY, Nov. 27th! Huh?

Then when I tracked the order yesterday, it came up that it is in transit but delivery has been rescheduled until TUESDAY, Nov. 28th!

I just checked the tracking today and am shaking my head......

According to UPS, the billing order was received on 11/20 at 12:31 am.

The origin scan, from Memphis, was done on 11/20 at 8:42 pm and the order departed Memphis at 10:03 pm.

The order arrived in Nashville at 1:50 am on 11/21.

There is no departure scan from Nashville, the next thing listed is the departure scan out of Montgomery Ala!!! That happened this morning (11/22) at 2:25 am!

My order then arrived in Doraville GA this morning at 6:23 am.

The order left Doraville at 8:23 this morning for Spartanburg, SC. The order arrived in Spartanburg at 11:21 am today.

WTH????? At this rate my order may make it through all the states of the South before it arrives up here in NY!

What really bums me out is that when my son stopped over on Saturday, he saw my Flavia sitting on the counter and asked me what I did with the old coffee maker. I said that I stuck it down in the basement and asked if he wanted it for his apartment. He said sure and took it with him.

So now I am sitting here with no Flavia coffee and no "old" coffeemaker and who knows when I will get my order!

Let's just say at this point I am not a happy camper. Must remind myself to tell son to bring the old coffeemaker with him when he comes over tomorrow!

MamaC; That sounds like a VERY odd and unusual parcel trip. I would phone customer service right away, and if I'm sure they would send another machine direct to you express. This time without all of the sightseeing along the way. The one I ordered was delivered to my cousins in 2 days, if I remember correctly.

I'd give them a call!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

No Miss Kitty....this wasn't for a Flavia machine....I bought mine last Thursday at a nearby Linens 'N Things. It came with an 18-packet sample kit (with a rebate form for 36 more) and another 18 free Milky Way Swirls packets to be included with my first order.

So I placed an order online last Friday. Something happened and I inadvertently placed two orders instead of one. Noticed my error when I received two emails with two different order numbers on them.

That's when I placed a call with customer service and they cancelled one of the orders for me. The woman on the phone was very nice and said that if the order went out early enough on Monday I could have it as early as Tuesday....but most likely on Wednesday though (which would have been today) and, if not, then definitely on Friday since nothing would come on Thanksgiving.

So I have rationed out my coffees (haven't tried the teas yet) and now they are all gone!

On Monday night, I got an email saying the order was shipped and I should get it on Monday, Nov. 27th. Bummer! Then on Tuesday I got the email saying that the order won't come until Tuesday, Nov. 28th! Double bummer!

I went to the UPS site to track the order and that's when I found out that my order is on some Great-American road trip!

After I posted my post earlier today, I decided to call customer service to find out what was going on.

Again, very nice dealing with customer service. They said that there was a problem at one of UPS' hubs (Nashville maybe?) and the order had to be re-routed. I said that I was kind of bummed out about it, so the guy said that he would let his supervisor know about this and I will get a free 20-rail selection the next time I place an order!

The saga continues......

This wasn't even their fault. I am amazed at how generous they are with the comps when you have a problem.

I agree Cricketeen, the customer service people I have dealt with are very nice and very generous.

I am actually shocked at how easy it is to get a hold of them.....none of this press 1, press 3, press 7 listen to muzak for 15 minutes before finally speaking to a human!

I am just bummed that my coffees are seeing so many places I have never been to, some I have never even heard of! (Doraville????) LOL I wonder if I had the foresight to order on Thursday, right after setting up the system instead of waiting one day, I might have avoided what ever the problem was with the hub in Nashville. Oh well.

Latest update......

My coffees left Spartanburg, SC this afternoon and arrived safely in Greensboro, NC tonight! I *think* they are now finally heading north!

+ Reply to Thread