+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Mudah: I said it rather matter-of-factly, and that yes, it's very similar to the one that I own.
    -----------------
    Here's the response I got from my e-mail to flavia regarding Canadian shipments. I will call the 1-888 number to see if they can ship Fusion product from there.

Thank you for contacting FLAVIA Beverage Systems with your inquiry. We appreciate hearing from you and will be happy to address your concern.

We sell and ship our SB100 and products to Canada. The FUSION Drinks Station is not available. Our website will not work from Canada. Therefore, you would need to call our call center at 1-888-693-5284 to order.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Once again, thank you for contacting FLAVIA Beverage Systems. Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Customer Care
    FLAVIA Beverage Systems
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2104596;
    Mudah: I said it rather matter-of-factly, and that yes, it's very similar to the one that I own.
    -----------------
    Here's the response I got from my e-mail to flavia regarding Canadian shipments. I will call the 1-888 number to see if they can ship Fusion product from there.

Thank you for contacting FLAVIA Beverage Systems with your inquiry. We appreciate hearing from you and will be happy to address your concern.

We sell and ship our SB100 and products to Canada. The FUSION Drinks Station is not available. Our website will not work from Canada. Therefore, you would need to call our call center at 1-888-693-5284 to order.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Once again, thank you for contacting FLAVIA Beverage Systems. Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Customer Care
    FLAVIA Beverage Systems

Now, that's just plain silly. They can ship 1 type of machine and the packets but they can't ship the other type of machine??? I doubt, no matter how far up the chain of command you crawl, you'd never find a real answer as to the "why" of this. Probably some silly decision like, " Oh, Canadians will never want this machine." P-f-f-f-t
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Way to go misskitty!

The Flavia that was in the private box at the concert wasn't a Flavia Fusion now that I think about it. It didn't have the two buttons on the top so that's probably why there wasn't any creamy toppings or syrups around. I just thought they might be in the locked cabinet.

I agree lambikins: what's the problem with shipping Fusion product here too?

I forgot to call them today. I'll let you know what I find out if anything.

Yumm! Received this in the mail. Has anyone tried to make these Flavia brownies yet? I'm out of my stronger coffees .

Flavia Coffee Brownies

2 Espresso Roast, French Roast or Sumatra Filterpacks
    1 box brownie mix
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup oil
    1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (Optional)
    Confectioner's sugar

Turn the FUSION volume control knob to the smallest dot to the left. For an SB100, press the Espresso button (the one with the half-filled cup icon).

Place the coffee Filterpack in the pack holder, close and press the coffee/tea button on the FUSION or the start button on the SB100 to brew. (Two packs should yield 6 oz. of concentrated coffee.)

Follow brownie mix instructions adding eggs, ¼ cup oil, nuts and substituting 6 oz. of coffee for the water.

Cool completely on a wire rack then dust with confectioner's sugar.

Cut into squares. Yields 12 large brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2137023;
    Yumm! Received this in the mail. Has anyone tried to make these Flavia brownies yet? I'm out of my stronger coffees .

Flavia Coffee Brownies

2 Espresso Roast, French Roast or Sumatra Filterpacks
    1 box brownie mix
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup oil
    1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (Optional)
    Confectioner's sugar

Turn the FUSION volume control knob to the smallest dot to the left. For an SB100, press the Espresso button (the one with the half-filled cup icon).

Place the coffee Filterpack in the pack holder, close and press the coffee/tea button on the FUSION or the start button on the SB100 to brew. (Two packs should yield 6 oz. of concentrated coffee.)

Follow brownie mix instructions adding eggs, ¼ cup oil, nuts and substituting 6 oz. of coffee for the water.

Cool completely on a wire rack then dust with confectioner's sugar.

Cut into squares. Yields 12 large brownies.
    I saw this too and admit that it looks GOOD! However, I'm not a big fan of chocolate anything so I have to be in a specific mood to try anything chocolatey.

By the way, misskitty and others, I found this site by pure chance and they offer substantial discounts on Flavia coffees: instead of averaging .50 cents per package, it comes out to .39 cents! However, you have to order in 100 quantity amounts and I realize that for most people, that's a big amount, since Flavia ships per rail and the box holds 50 packs, if I remember correctly. Still, for someone like me, with 2 machines and multiple households, it's a nice price break. And misskitty, I could NEVER run out of my stronger coffees; that oxygen to me!

http://coffeegiant.com/index.php?cPa...18bf092d97e7f6

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    lambi, noticed that they do have your Darjeeling tea, though.

Thanks for the link.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins;2137325;
    ...By the way, misskitty and others, I found this site by pure chance and they offer substantial discounts on Flavia coffees: instead of averaging .50 cents per package, it comes out to .39 cents! .http://coffeegiant.com/index.php?cPa...18bf092d97e7f6
    Thanks for the link lambikins. I'll see if they ship to Canada! And thanks for leaving more brownies for me! I lurv chocolate! Cake actually more than brownies, but hey, I may try the coffee action in a cake recipe!

prhoshay!

HEADS UP.....For anyone who has been wishy-washy on getting a Flavia......

I have been reading this thread with interest for several months now and thought, hmmmm, this sounds good. But we had only gone out and bought a new coffee maker right before Christmas last year, so it seemed kind of silly. Also when I went to the Flavia website I found that the price had now jumped up to $129.99 (from $99.99) so that made me pause. Do I really want it?

Well, in this week's Linen N Things circular (came in last Sunday's paper) the Flavia Fusion was listed at $99.99. Included in the box is a sample kit of 18 flavors (Columbia, Breakfast Blend, House Blend, Sumatra, French Vanilla, Expresso Roast, 2 chocos, Milky Way Swirl, 2 Creamy Toppings, a decaf French Roast, a decaf Hazelnut, Exotic Chai, Raspberry Spark, Green Tea with Jasmine, English Breakfast, and Blueberry Balance). There is also a rebate by mail for 36 additional pods PLUS another 18 Milky Way Swirls when I place my first online order.

Of course, the Linen N Things circular has the 20% off coupon on the back of the circular.

So I went there today and got one! For $79.99! I just have to fill out the rebate information to get the other 36 pods by mail.....for free!

This is an early Christmas present to myself!

So if anyone has been thinking about it.....head off to Linen N Things now!

MaMaC: HOW do you get the circular? Is it mailed to you or is it included with the newspaper?

I want to buy a third machine, just to travel with, so I visited the Linens & Things website. They are selling it for $99.99 and you can download the coupon for all the free coffees, but no $20.00 buck off coupon.

You are SO lucky!

Hope you enjoy it as much as our household does! On average, we make up to 12 drinks per day, with 3 people using it from dawn through dawn.

+ Reply to Thread