+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Marleybone: You could always let Mr. Marleybone have his "grungy old coffee pot", and then when you float into the room, kitten pumps on your dainty feet, chiffon floating about you...
    Now isn't that quite the visual...

I don't know if anyone else is thinking of buying the FLAVIA coffee system but a word of WARNING: Order directly from the site link that I provide above or PAY the difference!

I was just looking for FLAVIA reviews before I bought it yesterday and kept clicking on links; the prices on the same. damn. machines. varied from TWENTY TO FIFTY DOLLARS MORE than the official site and everyone charged shipping!!!!

At the FLAVIA site, the machine was $99 bucks, FREE shipping and if you bought the machine, you got 30% off when you ordered their coffee packages!

I didn't want anyone ripped off if they bought it elsewhere; I could have been charged close to $200 in product/shipping/handling if I bought it anywhere else.

I'm supposed to have it by the 23rd and I'll supply feedback as soon as I have it cranked up. I also ordered 12 different teas and coffees and additives, including a packet that makes your coffee/cocoa taste like MILKY WAY CANDY BARS!!! Flavia, by the way, is owned by Mars, who makes Milky Ways.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Premium Member
    I just talked Mr. Marleybone into getting me one for Christmas. Woot! I'm getting the black one, he just ordered it along with that mix and match pack for 30% off. (I teased him with visions of me in kitten heels and flowing chiffon... ) I just finished ordering a supply of espresso, green tea, choco, cream topping and Italian roast coffee for Mr. MB. I don't know if it will get here in time for Christmas but I will be anxiously awaiting a full report from you lambi.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I just talked Mr. Marleybone into getting me one for Christmas. Woot! I'm getting the black one, he just ordered it along with that mix and match pack for 30% off. (I teased him with visions of me in kitten heels and flowing chiffon... ) I just finished ordering a supply of espresso, green tea, choco, cream topping and Italian roast coffee for Mr. MB. I don't know if it will get here in time for Christmas but I will be anxiously awaiting a full report from you lambi.
    PARTY AT MARLEYBONE'S!!! PARTY AT MARLEYBONE'S!!!

I'm so, so happy that you got one of the FLAVIA machines, too, Marleybone! Within 30 minutes of receiving the machine, I'm cranking it up and sitting down for several cups of anything! I'll definately be giving a full report on what it's like.

Did you sign up for the recipe emails they send you on different drink combos? I sure did.

By the way, here's an outfit for you to wear, to give Mr. Marleybone an appropriate "Thank You." You could sing "Santa, Baby", while you prance around.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Premium Member
    Did you sign up for the recipe emails they send you on different drink combos? I sure did.
    I don't think I did, I had better go back and check.

By the way, here's an outfit for you to wear, to give Mr. Marleybone an appropriate "Thank You." You could sing "Santa, Baby", while you prance around.
    In kitten heels of course.

Marleybone: The Senseo is $70.00 vs. the Flavia for $100.00. But, Flavia has been around for years and years and the upstart companies that are using sachets for coffee and tea could be here today, gone tomorrow and then you're stuck with a machine you can't use.
    And for another thing...They had a Senseo set up in the supermarket today when I went, and were giving out free cups of coffee. To me, the coffee was really weak, as if it didn't get brewed long enough, or hot enough, or something. I was very unimpressed.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    And for another thing...They had a Senseo set up in the supermarket today when I went, and were giving out free cups of coffee. To me, the coffee was really weak, as if it didn't get brewed long enough, or hot enough, or something. I was very unimpressed.
    You're making me feel better and better about the choice I made, queenb! Being that Sally and I were at the B & B for a total of four days and that other guests were using the machine, I know it was getting a work out. But, the coffee/tea/cocoa that we made from it was incredible, full-flavoured and roaring hot each and every time.

I'm so glad that our room was directly across from the parlor that held the machine and microwave!

Premium Member
    lambi - did you get it yet? Mine came today but I don't get to open it until Friday night when we have Christmas with our kids. The box is huge, I hope it's not too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    lambi - did you get it yet? Mine came today but I don't get to open it until Friday night when we have Christmas with our kids. The box is huge, I hope it's not too big.
    I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marleybone: Did you say HUGE????!!!! My God, the box is larger than the rafts that refugees float in to get to America!!!!

Mine came today, which is odd, since I ordered it before you, but that's okay! Sally and I cranked it up, and I got the Virgin Cup of Sidamo Gold; even while it was brewing, you could smell the difference! I haven't had coffee taste this good sine we were at that B & B. Sally promptly made English Breakfast Tea and we are currently oogling and googling over the beauty of the machine!

I want to drink beverages all night long! I'm so glad that I got this gift for myself; after the punishing year, this year, in landscaping, I so totally deserve it!

Premium Member
    Marleybone: Did you say HUGE????!!!! My God, the box is larger than the rafts that refugees float in to get to America!!!!
    No, I think I said YUUUUUGE!! Now I can't wait to open mine! I think it will be so nice on Saturday morning when I get up for work, I will be able to make a quick cuppa joe and be on my way. No doubt when Mr. Marleybone sees how good this is he will be ready to give up that grungy 4-cup pot.

+ Reply to Thread