+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Thanks for the tip, prhoshay! I love flavors to add to green tea, as i don't care for just plain green tea's flavor.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    lambikins, I think your roomies would lose their minds!
    Forget the roomies, prhoshay, I've already lost mine, just looking at the lists!

Question: I'm only familiar with the Torani brand; what do the rest of you know about the other listed labels? Same, better, worse than Torani?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, prhoshay! I love flavors to add to green tea, as i don't care for just plain green tea's flavor.
    I'm with you...I don't like plain green tea, but I'm sure it can be improved upon!

Don't forget to look for the sugar free syrups on the 'morning flavors' website. The sugar free chocolate syrup got a good review on Amazon. Haven't checked Epinions site yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    This place has a decent selection of syrups.

http://www.coffeeam.com/

Today I thought I broke my Flavia coffee machine. I put in the packet, closed the secret door, placed my cup every so gently on the spot, pushed the button and .............nothing. Flashing lights. No hot water. No neet noises. No sploosh, aroma. Nothing.

After backtracking several times and re-doing the same motion over and over it finally dawned on me. It was out of water. You have to fill the darned thing. Who da thunk it?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

@ misskitty. After all you've been through, too!

I actually fill mine after every brewing, that way, I never get the fast flashing lights. I keep a brita pitcher for just this very purpose.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Today I thought I broke my Flavia coffee machine. I put in the packet, closed the secret door, placed my cup every so gently on the spot, pushed the button and .............nothing. Flashing lights. No hot water. No neet noises. No sploosh, aroma. Nothing.

After backtracking several times and re-doing the same motion over and over it finally dawned on me. It was out of water. You have to fill the darned thing. Who da thunk it?
    Po' misskitty! A similar thing happened to Sally, she of the 'neverfillingthemachine' fame. I got a horrified phone call from her several months ago while I was landscaping in Wisconsin, "I broke the Flavia machine!" I asked her what happened and then I asked her if she checked the water. There was just silence on the other end of the line so I thought we had been disconnected. She finally came back on and said, sheepishly, "Ahhhhh, no. I forgot to fill it and it was empty." Needless to say, she remembers EVERY time to fill it, now.

I do the same thing that MissThing suggested; we have a Brita water pitcher on the counter next to it and when we open up the door, we automatically take the top off of the machine. After the drink is made, we fill it up and plop on the top.

I'm enjoying some iced Vanilla as I type!

Glad it wasn't broken, misskitty!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

after reading this thread, how can I not buy one?

another thing to add to the list.

thanks for the ideas!

Shanda: If you are thinking of buying a Flavia machine, please pm Lambikins. We participate in the refer-a-friend program they have. That way the person who is next in line gets some free product. Then when a person buys after you do, you get the next bonus pack and so on. It's been great!

Lambikins keeps track of the list. I live in Canada and they don't deliver here. But it was well worth the investment and trouble to get.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

+ Reply to Thread