+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Pumpkin spice in hot tea? Hmm. I have to try that one

Thanks to another cup of Sumatra, I'm still awake
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    My name is misskitty and I'm addicted to my Flavia. There. I said it. Oh how wonderful to get a nice hot great cup of joe whenever I want.
    Oh, misskitty...you sweetie, you!

Nothing makes me happier to hear that your 9 month wait was worth it! When you recommend something to a friend, you wish for them the same experience YOU had: whether at a restaraunt, a hotel, or with a product like the Flavia machine. I'm so happy that you're happy; can you understand now, with all the house-sitting we do, why we drag our Flavia machine with us?!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Didn't know about the dry creamers Miss Thing...thanks! I've been running them at #5 once...no wonder I'm hyper!
    THIS would be me, on a #5 setting: I only use that when I'm making espresso.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    I can pass on the Milky Way as some of you also indicated. I haven't tried the hot chocolate yet. Waiting for snow.
    When I ordered my 1st Flavia, way back in December, I was ProActive Grrrl and ordered a rail, each, of Milky Way & Chocolate, wanting to both save on future shipping charges (if I liked them) and also truly believing that I would like them.

Well, I'm stuck with them now and I finally figured out a way to use them and get, sorta, the results that I wanted. I take a scissors and slice the bottom open of either packet and dump the dried ingredients directly into my cup. I then add my milk, microwave it and give it a stir. I place my coffee packet in the machine, and then hit the far left button that froths the mixture and run the machine. It makes it nice and frothy and the chocolate or Milky Way is NOT diluted, which is what I believe causes my disappointment in them: the flavours are just too weak.

Give this a try; it works for me and I can at least use the rest of my packets.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    By the way, misskitty, I found the Torani Pumpkin Spice syrup!! I can get it from Amazon, but I'm going to check Starbuck's first. I'm guessing that Amazon will beat them in price. Pumpkin Spice weather is upon us!
    prhoshay: WHICH tea do you use the Pumpkin Spice in? It's never occured to me to add flavouring to tea. I know that Starbuck's is now promoting their Pumpkin Spice Latte's so I'd like to give it a go in either Sumatra or House Blend.

Thanks for all the good tips and recipes, Fellow FoRT Flavia Addicts!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Starbucks made me a black tea with Pumpkin Spice many months ago, and it was to die for! This was one of those times where they give you the free cup of tea to try to get you hooked. I haven't had any in coffee yet. I just am determined to get that syrup!

Since I'm also stuck with Milky Way and Chocolate packets, I'm going to try your method of dealing with them. They are really a waste, otherwise. Thanks, lambikins! You are just a library of information!! We are so lucky to have you brain and experience!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Starbucks made me a black tea with Pumpkin Spice many months ago, and it was to die for! This was one of those times where they give you the free cup of tea to try to get you hooked. I haven't had any in coffee yet. I just am determined to get that syrup!

Since I'm also stuck with Milky Way and Chocolate packets, I'm going to try your method of dealing with them. They are really a waste, otherwise. Thanks, lambikins! You are just a library of information!! We are so lucky to have you brain and experience!!!
    Well, thank you, prhoshay for the kind and encouraging words It's such a pleasure to be with fellow foodies from ALL around the world, with such different knowledge and perspectives to make our life more pleasant.

Having no family or children of my own, I've gotten sad, at times, wondering what will happen to my 1000's of cookbooks and kitchenware when I'm gone. Being able to share the little bit of cooking/baking knowledge that I have with my FoRT friends takes the edge off of that sadness, knowing that someone in California or Kentucky or Chile will be making a meal I suggested, long, long after I'm gone.

I love teaching and have explored the realms of teaching the Sciences for years; cooking is my "dirty little secret" that I share with friends. I'm so glad that you are one of them.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Something I thought you all might find intersting. I was checking B&B's and one in Murfreesboro, TN has a Flavia coffee machine and 14 favors of coffee. I may have to visit there just to try the coffee you all are raving about.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Well, I'm stuck with them now and I finally figured out a way to use them and get, sorta, the results that I wanted. I take a scissors and slice the bottom open of either packet and dump the dried ingredients directly into my cup. I then add my milk, microwave it and give it a stir. I place my coffee packet in the machine, and then hit the far left button that froths the mixture and run the machine. It makes it nice and frothy and the chocolate or Milky Way is NOT diluted, which is what I believe causes my disappointment in them: the flavours are just too weak.
    Thanks for that suggestion, lambi. I'll try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Something I thought you all might find intersting. I was checking B&B's and one in Murfreesboro, TN has a Flavia coffee machine and 14 favors of coffee. I may have to visit there just to try the coffee you all are raving about.
    It's not only the coffee, Muduh but the extreme ease and fastness that you can go from 0 to 18 seconds and get a steaminly good cuppa Jo. Good coffee is good coffee, no matter how it's made. It's the additional factors that make it such a hit.

I was staying at a client's for only 4 days a week ago so I blew off taking the Flavia with me. I only took 1 morning of a) getting out the filters, b) measuring the coffee, c) filling the machine, d) waiting the 15 minutes for it to brew, e) only drinking 2 of the 4 cup minimum that the machine would brew, f) dumping the grounds and washing the filter, and g) washing and drying the coffee pot. That night, I went home, got my machine and was back to my clients, machine plugged in, coffee packet inserted and drinking the tea in 10 minutes!

But....I bet that you'd love to stay at that B & B and be pampered, coffee or no coffee!

We do stay in B&B's pretty often, but non seem to have a new fangled coffee machine.
    I'm sure I'll be visiting that place since the kid will be there in college for a while.

What a great machine for a B&B. I really need to investigate being a Canadian distributor up here. No-body steal that idea now! :nono

lambikins: It is definitely the ease and quickness of preparing Flavia that I like as well. With regular coffee, I always forget about the filters and they get mouldy. I can't drink a pot myself and more often than not throw out coffee. I also tend to get coffee grounds all over the kitchen (I'm messy).

I have to admit at first I thought you people were craaaazyy coffee nuts. And I'm really not a huge coffee drinker or Starbucks officianado either. But for the coffee I do have, I feel nicely spoiled now! And I don't think I'll share very often except with my sweetie.

..Having no family or children of my own, I've gotten sad, at times, wondering what will happen to my 1000's of cookbooks and kitchenware when I'm gone. Being able to share the little bit of cooking/baking knowledge that I have with my FoRT friends takes the edge off of that sadness, knowing that someone in California or Kentucky or Chile will be making a meal I suggested, long, long after I'm gone.
    Don't forget Canada too! I really think you should seriously put together your amazing knowledge into your own set of Cookbooks! Along with some stories and photos. You know, during your off-season

That would be priceless! Do we have any investors out there? Come on people, let's pony up the $$$
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Found a GREAT site called www.morningflavors.com that offers all kinds of flavored syrups for teas and coffees!! Things that I would never even have considered! Check it out!!

lambikins, I think your roomies would lose their minds!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread