+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

What I like about the Tassimo idea is that it's all available at the local grocery store. You don't have to special order, or pay for shipping, money exchange, or duty. Flavia needs to get into Canada! I'm sure they'd do well up here too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mine's not a new-fangled coffeemaker, but today I bought a new Farberware percolator..after never having owned one before. I always had the Mr. Coffee
    dripmaker, and believe me...this new Percolator beats anything I've ever had.
    The coffee is REALLY piping hot..the way I like it.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Congratulations Angelic One! I remember my Mom and Dad had one of those when I was little and the smell was awesome when they made a pot especially for company.

ENJOY! Oooo I can almost taste the coffee

Ok...I've tried out my new percolator, and the coffee tastes very weak. Its VERY hot like I like it, but I have to add almost double the amount of coffee to get it to taste right. I just wondered...is this normal with a percolator versus a drip coffeemaker?? I only use enough water in it to make a 2-serving pot of coffee..not sure if I should use more water to get all of that water in there circulating through the coffee grounds, and maybe it would be stronger..? Anyone know? Thanks!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Just found this thread. I bought a Tassimo last fall and I LOVE IT. If the house goes up in flames it's, husband, kids, pets, coffee maker. I cannot live without it.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Ok...I've tried out my new percolator, and the coffee tastes very weak. Its VERY hot like I like it, but I have to add almost double the amount of coffee to get it to taste right. I just wondered...is this normal with a percolator versus a drip coffeemaker?? I only use enough water in it to make a 2-serving pot of coffee..not sure if I should use more water to get all of that water in there circulating through the coffee grounds, and maybe it would be stronger..? Anyone know? Thanks!
    angelic_one: I've sent you a return PM with my thoughts on this.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

lambikins- thank you so much. going to try your advice, as i love this method of making coffee. it's really steamy hot..so now if i can just get the taste adjusted.

Announcement: It's been 9 loooong months but I finally (got) delivered a shiny black FLAVIA!!! My cousin just brought it up from Seattle and I've taken it out of the carboard shipping box....Mr. Tootles new toy-toy! I haven't made a cup of anything as I'm making sure I have all the parts and what-nots so I don't ruin it.

I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it ....OOoo OOO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Hip-Hip-Hooray!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Announcement: It's been 9 loooong months but I finally (got) delivered a shiny black FLAVIA!!! My cousin just brought it up from Seattle and I've taken it out of the carboard shipping box....Mr. Tootles new toy-toy! I haven't made a cup of anything as I'm making sure I have all the parts and what-nots so I don't ruin it.

I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it ....OOoo OOO.
    I hadn't check in on this thread in quite some time, and I'm so very happy to see that I picked the perfect time . Congratulations, misskitty - you have defintely had a trial of patience, but I'm so happy for you finally getting it .

Now, hopefully all is well with the machine, and you've been spending hours just brewing hot drinks, , and enjoying them afterwards!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread