+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    misskitty ordered after me. I got my refer a friend bonus from her order.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    I think I refered JLuvs.. she must have decided not to order. Oh well, no biggie I guess.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Well, I just got an e-ad from FLAVIA geared towards Mother's Day (which I'm guessing is this weekend???).
    No! Mother's Day is the second Sunday every May...so it's May 14th this year. (Father's Day is the third Sunday every June.)

In the U.S. anyhow, those dates are correct. Are they the same in Canada etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    ...In the U.S. anyhow, those dates are correct. Are they the same in Canada etc.?
    Yes'm they's the same up here too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I think I refered JLuvs.. she must have decided not to order. Oh well, no biggie I guess.
    I still have the email saved and will buy it when I have the money

I did post in the thread, before the email was sent to me, that I would not be able to afford it right now and to defer to other people on the list.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I still have the email saved and will buy it when I have the money

I did post in the thread, before the email was sent to me, that I would not be able to afford it right now and to defer to other people on the list.
    Like I said, no biggie. I had forgotten about it so I just wondered. I don't care one way or the other.

It's time for another Flavia Fusion Special - for Father's Day.

Here's their recipe for your King for the Day:
    To prepare:

1 x Creamy Topping - Press Frothy 2-Pack button
    1 x Colombia Filterpack - Brew Creamy Topping
    1 x Cinnamon Sprinkles - Brew Colombia
    - Top with Cinnamon Sprinkles

And of course there are huge savings to be had if you order soon! I hope you're all enjoying your exquisite coffee....I'm still dreaming of mine. Sigh.

Premium Member
    That sounds yummy, I haven't been using mine much since the weather has been warmer. I should try some of my green tea in there and then put it in the fridge so I can have it cold.

I'm getting my Flavia machine in JULY!! My cousin (passport pending) will be bringing it up mid-month. I can hardly wait.

I was just at Stupidstore, and they had a demonstration going on for a new Braun individual "hot beverage machine." It's called Tassimo. You are able to get little discs of premium coffees and teas and hot chocolate. The discs are available in the coffee aisle so you don't have to order special. They support Nabob, Mastro Lorenzo, Kenco, Jacobs, Carte Noire and Gevalia products. I had a cappucino with milk which kept me awake until 3am! (note all my late postings LOL). It was very good. But a little slow. And the machine looked a bit awkward but simple to use.

It may be a good alternative for people in Canada, as Flavia does not ship here. Why, I have no idea. www.tassimo.com

The unique thing was each T-disc had a bar code on it. The machine scans it and therefore knows how much water to put through. So if it's a cappucino, it only puts a bit of water in. Then you put in the milk disc and it reads that and finishes the cup.

I don't care. I'm getting my FLAVIA, I'm getting my Flavia

Premium Member
    Braun has pretty good products, I like the idea of the bar code. Sometimes with the Flavia I think I set it wrong and my drink is more diluted than I like. It just takes practice I guess, I rarely use it during the spring and summer months.

+ Reply to Thread