+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Great story, MissThing!! I'm glad that you're healing so well and have been given the green light to include caffeine back into your life. I couldn't imagine how dull life would be if I couldn't have an occasional glass of wine or a simple cup of coffee.

Well, as you know, I've got 2 Flavia machines; I found that I just couldn't live without one...pathetic, I know. I love the choices available, I love the convienence and ease...I just plain love it! I recently took advantage of their April offer and got the FREE flavourings package; I especially like the chocolate and cinnamon "sprinkles" packages, although it's not true sprinkles but powder.

We were in San Francisco recently, installing a landscape and our client housed us in her coach house, so we had a wee palace of our own. But the best thing, was when we found a red Flavia machine in the kitchen! She got it as a gift and liked it so much she also ordered one for the cottage. It was almost the highlight of the trip....well, almost.

Regarding flavours, I found the Milky Way and Chocolate too weak for my taste, so what I did is slit the package open at the bottom, dumped the powder into the cup, and then used it in my coffee. When it was run through the machine with water, it just was way, way, too weak as a drink. And in our house, the "exotic" Chai got an exotic dump in the waste bin! NO ONE in our house wanted to drink the stuff! Oh, well...one failure out of all their flavours; not bad!

My favourite coffee combo is French Roast at #5 with Creamy Topping and Sidamo Gold, at #5 and #3...perfect strength.

It was nice to read your post, first thing this morning, MissThing, especially with a fresh cuppa coffee to help wake me up. Hope you continue to heal well from your surgery.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Well, I just got an e-ad from FLAVIA geared towards Mother's Day (which I'm guessing is this weekend???).

If you buy the machine for $99.95, you get all this other cool syrup and chocolate mixes FREE! I don't need yet another machine, but if anyone was thinking of giving this as a gift, is seems like a nice deal. All the stuff pictured comes with the machine.

P.S. Just don't order Ear Grey tea, right, Prhoshay!?

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I know my husband would love one (and so would I). Guess we'll have to wait until they are available in Canada.

I'm just a folger's kind of gal myself, but I do want to share about a new fangled clock radio I just got. Since there isn't a new fangled clock radio thread, you guys get the be the lucky readers! LOL

Ok. So, it automatically resets itself if the electricity goes off. Also resets the alarm. When daylight savings comes around, it automatically subtracts or adds an hour. You can program the alarm for different days of the week. It also has a second alarm so you can use it for someone else. I am a very happy camper here as I have had clock radio issues for years! And it was only $13 at Walmart. I'm going to get one for everyone I know!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I know my husband would love one (and so would I). Guess we'll have to wait until they are available in Canada.
    That's such a buggeryboo that these don't ship to Canada! I have a thought for all of you Canooks: why don't you email/call FLAVIA and demand/beg/ask for inclusion in their shipping department??? If the electrical plugs are the same for each nation (US vs. Canada) than I can't imagine what the problem is. After all, I order crap from the U.K on ebay all the time; if there's no custom problems with that than why should there be problems with a product that comes in a manufacturers box?! After all, it's not like Canada is a Third World country where you use cow patties to generate power!

I've two friends since then that have ordered themselves a machine: one has 7 in her household and the other one got it for her real estate office and they're both loving them. I recently placed an order for a slug of coffee and tea, finally ordering it in 100 pack boxes rather than rails since we go through the stuff so fast.

I've seen a lot of competitors coming onto the market lately. One, whose website I checked out has gone too overboard. It uses barcodes on the drinks so the machine can determine how YOU should be drinking your beverage!!! WTF! That's the whole reason for having a machine that makes drinks the way that YOU liket them! When a coffee machine won't allow me to make my drinks per my taste, than it's time for me to NOT own that machine! Hrrrrumph!

DesertRose & Lambikins: I didn't see anywhere on the site where one could request they deliver to Canada. I would expect they would like to track that as a new market but because I had to order via the US they really wouldn't know how many Canadians want their product. I do get their specials and received the Mother's Day offer as well

I am still waiting for mine. DesertRose, I ordered mine online with a credit card and sent it to my cousin's address in Seattle and it arrived quickly and completely. She may now be coming up before I get the chance to go down. I may just have her courier it and pay the shipping. I really, really, want my FLAVIA!

Lambikins: I have also seen some other one-cup coffee makers up here, but none allow you to brew it one at a time. You brew one pot at a time and then drip out one cup at a time which seems to defeat the purpose of a one-cup wonder!

DesertRose: If you do decide to order, please consider the refer-a-friend option, as one of us Forters will benefit and you will be next in line. I think it may be my turn next!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-04-2006 at 04:13 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    ...After all, it's not like Canada is a Third World country where you use cow patties to generate power!...
    Well, actually, lambikins, we do happen to make clocks and other things out of dried-out cow pies And American's and Europeans buy them up The things you learn on the FORT!

Attachment 17171Attachment 17172Attachment 17173
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:29 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Well, actually, lambikins, we do happen to make clocks and other things out of dried-out cow pies And American's and Europeans buy them up The things you learn on the FORT!

Attachment 17171Attachment 17172Attachment 17173

Good Lord! I think I've seen everything now.

Premium Member
    Whatever happened to the refer a friend thing we had going? I can't even remember who I refered, but apparently they didn't order because I haven't heard a thing since.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Whatever happened to the refer a friend thing we had going? I can't even remember who I refered, but apparently they didn't order because I haven't heard a thing since.

Marleybone: I don't know how to reference a specific post in a thread, but follow this link and go to my post of #100 and that tells the "Share with a friend" order. New-Fangled Coffee Makers

I don't think that anyone else has ordered the machine since Prhoshay so that may be part of the problem. Either that or people are being stinkers and going behind the board and ordering but I dont' want to believe that about our FoRT friends.

+ Reply to Thread