+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

. I'm sad. The boxes with my coffee machine and coffee are too big for my aunt and uncle to manage. They get back this week, but I won't have my machine. It would have been difficult anyway. I checked with customs and I needed to write them a Power of Attorney saying what I wanted them to bring it back and how much it was worth and proof of purchase, yada yada yada, and then they would have to claim it on my behalf and pay and I would have to pay them back and too much trouble!

So I'll either have my cousin ship it directly and repay her. Or I'll have to wait until May or June when I can go down and get it.

It better be really good tasting coffee!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    . I'm sad. The boxes with my coffee machine and coffee are too big for my aunt and uncle to manage. They get back this week, but I won't have my machine. It would have been difficult anyway. I checked with customs and I needed to write them a Power of Attorney saying what I wanted them to bring it back and how much it was worth and proof of purchase, yada yada yada, and then they would have to claim it on my behalf and pay and I would have to pay them back and too much trouble!

So I'll either have my cousin ship it directly and repay her. Or I'll have to wait until May or June when I can go down and get it.

It better be really good tasting coffee!

Sadly, misskitty, I don't think that any cup of coffee is going to make up for what you've gone through, in order to get this machine. I'm sad that it's taken so long and become such a problem.

I've had nothing but the most positive experiences with Flavia. The second machine that I had ordered on the 8th of February, turned out to be what I perceived to be "defective". Yah, it made coffee and performed well, but it made the most god-awful noise, causing the entire machine to rattle the counter top. I'm glad that I had another machine, at the apartment, to compare it to.

So, I called up Flavia last week, on Fat Tuesday (you could hear the revelry over the phone!) and explained what I thought was a problem machine. They were so apologetic, took all the information down, and promised to "over-night" a new machine to me, so that I wouldn't be without one. I packed up the shuddering Flavia Tuesday evening, and Wednesday morning, sure enough, I had a brand new machine (which works FINE) the very next day! Also, they sent me 3 rails of my favourite drinks, that they sneakily asked about when I was chatting with them, "So, what are your favourite Flavia flavours?" They sent, as an apology a creamy topping, Earl Grey and a French Roast rail. And, they picked up all the shipping from FedEX, for having the faulty machine sent back.

So, if nothing else, I wanted to let you guys know that this company REALLY stands behind their product and couldn't be nice enough or helpful enough. They acknowledged that they had had some faulty machines (when do you ever hear that from a company?) and that mine must have been one of them.

I guess it's up to you, misskitty to determine if all the trouble you're being put through is worth it.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Oh, I'm not really that unhappy. I just hate waiting for something new and fun to try out. Too bad this cross-border shopping isn't easier for me. But that's ok. I'm sure the coffee will be very tasty and it will nice to be able to make a fresh cup, one at a time. Don't worry. I'll keep you posted.

Well, I'm glad that you're not too discouraged, misskitty. You sound an awful lot like my partner, Sally; she's on pins & needles when gifts are involved! She never lost that 4 year old part of herself that LOVES gifts and presents!

I lived in Northern Minnesota (Duluth) for years, and going to Canada was as easy as going to St. Cloud. However, it must have gotten much tougher in regards to bringing things across the border; sad, really, since we share the same exact mass of land...North America! Who ever thought you'd need this much paperwork, to make ???!!!

My second/returned machine is now working like a champ and I got a follow up call from Flavia, this morning, asking if my replaced machine was working okay. Nice, nice company to deal with.

Good Luck, misskitty; have faith that it will be worth it!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Hi all. I just got this offer from Flavia. Since my machine is still in Seattle, I wondered if these were worth it. We can get basic sprinkles in the baking section of the supermarket and can buy syrups here as well. With all the S&H and $exchange, I think I'm probably better off not to participate on this one.

Are these any special?

$12.95 Value FREE
    Each Mixes & Matches Pack contains:
    12 Creamy Caramel Syrups
    12 Sweet Vanilla Syrups
    20 Fiery Cinnamon Sprinkles
    20 Indulgent Choco Sprinkles

If you buy, 1 rail of Creamy Topping and 1 rail of Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Hi all. I just got this offer from Flavia. Since my machine is still in Seattle, I wondered if these were worth it. We can get basic sprinkles in the baking section of the supermarket and can buy syrups here as well. With all the S&H and $exchange, I think I'm probably better off not to participate on this one.

Are these any special?

$12.95 Value FREE
    Each Mixes & Matches Pack contains:
    12 Creamy Caramel Syrups
    12 Sweet Vanilla Syrups
    20 Fiery Cinnamon Sprinkles
    20 Indulgent Choco Sprinkles

If you buy, 1 rail of Creamy Topping and 1 rail of Coffee
    misskitty: you beat me to posting THIS by seconds!!! I was replying to your crepe question in the recipe thread when I received email notification that Flavia had contacted me. I was coming here to post it when I saw you already did! Honest....I'm NOT following you....really!

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the chocolate "sprinkles" and the cinnamon ones; hate the syrups, but Sally and Michele like them because they have massive sweet tooths. Regarding the "sprinkles": I put then in quotes because they really aren't sprinkles, like what you have on cupcakes. It's cocoa and cinnamon powder. Now, I know what you're thinking: why pay premium for this when the grocery store has it? I've become addicted to having a French Roast cappacino each morning, with Creamy Topping and cocoa sprinkles. When I ran out, I tried to substitute Godiva Chococlate cocoa powder, Drost Cocoas, Hershey's cocoa...and NOTHING was the same! I felt like the Goldilocks of Coffee Products: one was too bitter, one was too sweet, and one I couldn't taste at all. So, being that I haven't been able to duplicate the taste of the chocolate or cinnamon sprinkles with any other product on the market, I'm for sure going to be taking advantage of THIS offer! The packets are no bigger than a Sweet & Low, but I'm able to get 5 drinks worth of sprinkling from them, so 20 packets would work for 100 drinks, for me.

Plus, cost wise: I was planning on ordering a box of Creamy Topping and a box of French Roast, but now, I'm going to order 4 rails of each, separately, so that each rail combo gives me a free offer. I'll end up with 4 free Mix & Match boxes AND the topping and French Roast, for the same amount of money!

And regarding the syrups: I find ANY brand of syrup too sweet, so I won't use them, but if you like caramel or vanilla coffees, both Sally and Michele swear by them. They were chugging them like maniacs last night when we were watching LOST.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Hello, All!

I got the offer, too. I was wondering if Nestle's Quik would work for the sprinkles; I did notice that lambi didn't list that one, so I guess I'll try it for the team! I am also a fan of the caramel syrup, and wish they had a pumpkin spice syrup. I haven't tried the cinnamon sprinkles yet.

lambi, thank you so much for introducing me to the Fusion! It's one of the neatest things I've done for myself in a long time (right up there with my new memory foam mattress topper!) Yay, ME!!!!

misskitty, you hang in there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hello, All!

I got the offer, too. I was wondering if Nestle's Quik would work for the sprinkles; I did notice that lambi didn't list that one, so I guess I'll try it for the team! I am also a fan of the caramel syrup, and wish they had a pumpkin spice syrup. I haven't tried the cinnamon sprinkles yet.

lambi, thank you so much for introducing me to the Fusion! It's one of the neatest things I've done for myself in a long time (right up there with my new memory foam mattress topper!) Yay, ME!!!!

misskitty, you hang in there!
    You're SO welcome, prhoshay, for the intro to Flavia! Next to my digital camera and my laptop, it's my FAVE thing I own. I've had mine for 3 months now, and I'm still impressed with how it's made my life so much less complicated and easier. If you've already used your sample chocolate sprinkles, DO let me know if Nestle's Quick is similar. So far, what I've found, is that nothing has the same intensely deep chocolate taste, for so little amount used.

I was watching TV last week, and I think Folger's had an ad on, where they were advertizing their different coffee blends. My Goodness, the cans that the coffee come in were the size of commercial dumpsters and I thought, "What if I liked all 4 of their different blends...I'd have to add an addition onto the side of my home, just to store them!" I know it's not just me who appreciates the convienence and ease of the machine; both Sally and Michele have asked me to place additional orders for them when I reorder my French Roast and Creamy Topping next week. It's saved me a fortune in Starbuck's/Dunkin' Donuts and all the unneccessary calories that come with it, too!

And misskitty: we're still holding onto hope that you'll get your machine, someday!

...And misskitty: we're still holding onto hope that you'll get your machine, someday!
    Thank you lambikins and prhoshay! I'm very glad you are really enjoying your Flavias. This is actually getting to be a funny adventure awaiting my machine. Talk about delayed gratification!! People are beginning to think my imaginary coffee machine is over with my imaginary friend!

Wish I'd come to this thread a month ago. I recently got one of these (as a gift), but I've already registered and placed a coffee order, so it may be too late for the friends list .

As for the machine itself, my reason for getting it is a little different than most, but before I begin, I want to add my comment that I'm loving it so far. In fact, at the moment, it rivals any other entry in my most prized possesions category, .

I've posted in other threads on other topics that I had Gastic Bypass surgery last October (doing very well, thanks). It's quite common for people who have undergone this procedure not to be able to drink straight water and/or cold drinks. Much to my surprise, even six months after the fact, I can do neither. So, I've been sipping decaf coffee all day. I get my coffee from a small custom coffee place in Dover, NH (excellent stuff, I'm happy to recommend it to anyone that is using conventional brewing methods), and I've been a Melitta girl forever.

Recently, I've been cleared to drink a small amount of caffeine each day, and I can't stress enough how much I look forward to my daily dose. However, I find that if I make a pot, I'll drink a pot. That's not good, since caffeine does have a tendency to dehydrate, and GBS patients have an independent tendency towards dehydration, as well. (It's the number one complication post-op, actually.) Very early out, I had one dehydration incident, and trust me, it's not something I'd like to repeat.

So, I'd been checking out various one-cup machines, when my Flavia Fusion arrived. My biggest problem with it is that my gift is the black model, and I'd have preferred the blue. That should tell everyone something, .

I'm still experimenting with the drinks themselves - not only flavors and combinations, but which number (I find that brewing first five and then three is right for me for most drinks). I haven't tried my Milky Way yet, but I not only look forward to my first real coffee of the day, having such instant gratification when I want a decaf or tea is such a treat!

It seems to me that I can taste a difference if I used water I've passed through a Brita or not (despite the internal filter). I suppose that makes sense, it just hadn't popped into my mind that it would augment the filtering taking place in the machine. In addition, I have ordered citrus crystals for descaling (I hate doing the vinegar thing), and the filled wooden box of flavors, along with some rails of my favorites so far.

In any case, I just wanted to add my somewhat tardy, but enthusiastic .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread