+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Present Ever . . .

Worst Present Ever . . .

What's the worst Christmas present you've ever received?

Mine was a bonus from my then-employer--a whopping 25 cents for the pop machine in the basement. WOO HOO!! I'd rather get no bonus than be insulted.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FM/AM radio with headphone.

It may not seems like a worst christmas present but it does when one person happens to be deaf. Yep, that's me.

Oh boy.
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post
    FM/AM radio with headphone.

It may not seems like a worst christmas present but it does when one person happens to be deaf. Yep, that's me.

Oh boy.
    Someone actually gave you that? OMG!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Um... My husband is partial to teasing me about the year
    my step-grandparents gave me a Bottle of rubbing alcohol
    and a spray top to go with it.

Also, One year HIS granparents gave me a bag full of
    used hotel shampoos and those perfume ads ripped out of magazines.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The absolute worse gifts I ever got was from my EX and his mother. (They loved shopping at the Salvation army and any funky rummage sales, from which they never bought anything decent. The gifts were this: One of those snorkel type parka coats from the 70s (eeek!) of which it was awful, and a cheap cheap cheap watch from like Kmart with that awful fake looking gold.... EWWWW. I am soooo glad I have nothing to do with them any longer. (wish I woulda known where my money was going sooner)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Someone actually gave you that? OMG!
    Unfortunately, that was given from my oldest brother.

I was like 10 years old at that time... it was all the rage of ownin' the am/fm radio and guess my brother wanted me to be part of the "cool kids" crowd...

How would that make my other deaf friends/classmates feel? They'll make fun of me... I switched that gift with my other brother... I got Lego instead. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post
    Unfortunately, that was given from my oldest brother.

I was like 10 years old at that time... it was all the rage of ownin' the am/fm radio and guess my brother wanted me to be part of the "cool kids" crowd...

How would that make my other deaf friends/classmates feel? They'll make fun of me... I switched that gift with my other brother... I got Lego instead. LOL
    Cool! I wish I had lego when I was a kid. I hope you gave your brother a WTF look!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

A naked doll.my gmom rocks! haha
    Jenny Abby

When I was in the third grade we had a gift exchange with only one person from the class. I was so excited and went out a bought the girl I got this really cool game where you go fishing for these little fish with magnets in their mouth that keep opening and shutting as they go around in a circle. It was really cool and as I said I was super excited for the gift exchange. Now, it's not like I wanted a new car or anything, but the girl I gave the cool fish game too game me a regular old box of Band-Aids. She said it was because I was so active and clumsy that she thought I would need them. Even if they were a little cool, with designs on them or something it would have been better. But no. Just regular old tan band-aids. I think I cried and wished I kept the damn fishing game for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Cool! I wish I had lego when I was a kid. I hope you gave your brother a WTF look!

I did! (according to an evidence above)

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    When I was in the third grade we had a gift exchange with only one person from the class. I was so excited and went out a bought the girl I got this really cool game where you go fishing for these little fish with magnets in their mouth that keep opening and shutting as they go around in a circle. It was really cool and as I said I was super excited for the gift exchange. Now, it's not like I wanted a new car or anything, but the girl I gave the cool fish game too game me a regular old box of Band-Aids. She said it was because I was so active and clumsy that she thought I would need them. Even if they were a little cool, with designs on them or something it would have been better. But no. Just regular old tan band-aids. I think I cried and wished I kept the damn fishing game for myself.

Oooh! used to LOVE to play with that fishin' game... should've give her somethin' else and keep it for yourself. aww...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast