+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Present Ever . . .

My mother in law gave me a toilet seat cover. Crocheted - she got it at a craft fair. Ugly. Just plain UGLY!!
    Then, the next year, rug that goes in front of the toilet. (It has the little cutout to fit around the commode.)

I had 2 "old maid" cousins that were sisters who lived together taking care of their mother. One year they were taking ceramic classes and everyone got ashtrays. I was 12 (the youngest) and my brothers and sisters ranged in age up to 18. Of corse none of us smoked.

It's not I believe it's the worst persent I received, but I can remember when I was like 9 or 10, my grandmother gave me a pack of belts that had one buckle that you could interchange. So uncool.
    Do you know the belts I'm talking about- this would have been the 80's, and then end of the belt would slide into the buckle, and then you pushed little knobs over to "lock" the belt in?
    For some reason, that present just really disappointed me. To this day, I am ashamed remembering what an ingrate I was.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

The sole Christmas I worked at this particular place (a large national media firm that was rolling in dough), we received a frozen turkey as a bonus. Not that this is a particularly bad gift (although it was a Butterball - yikes! Chemicals galore), but we were told when we were handed the turkey that we had the option of donating it to a shelter instead of taking it home. Again, not a bad idea and something I would have done anyway. I just really resent the manipulation and shaming of employer to employee at Christmas.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My grandma hates my mom (she always felt her son could marry better) and one year, my grandma gave my mom plastic coat hangers.

My mom went home that night from my grandparents place and broke everyone of those coat hangers over her knee

All of you have gotten some lousy gifts...I can't even remember if I've gotten something that bad!

My mom gave me shaving cream once. It wasn't the only thing I got, but it just kind of sucked. And my dad gave my mom snow tires the first Christmas they spent together. Now, he's learned to stick with jewelry,
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

I'm killing myself laughing!
    This is not about a bad gift that I received - rather about one that I gave..
    I was 15 and working at my very first after school job, there were about 80 employees and there was a secret santa exchange set up for the staff Party. I happened to get one of the managers - whom I had a mad crush on. I was so happy, I wanted to get him something meaningful and lasting. I chose a beautiful 14K gold cross. I loved it. I was sooo proud that he was going to wear it! ...... and I bet he would have too.. if he wouldn't have been HINDU !!!! lmao - life is indeed a learning experience.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post

I did! (according to an evidence above)

That picture is priceless. Bless your brother's heart. He didn't think that through at all.

I guess my worst-looking gift came from my grandmother. It was a quilted vest made of brown shades of material. Hideous.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I had 2 "old maid" cousins that were sisters who lived together taking care of their mother. One year they were taking ceramic classes and everyone got ashtrays. I was 12 (the youngest) and my brothers and sisters ranged in age up to 18. Of corse none of us smoked.
    This is too much! *wonders if Scott still owns the "heirlooms".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast