+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Present Ever . . .

We used to do a gift exchange with cousins where you draw their name, I had this one girl and she had me, it was a $20 price limit. I got her a crock pot and she got me a stinky old pillar candle with the $1.99 price sticker still on it.

Quote Originally Posted by syd18 View Post
    We used to do a gift exchange with cousins where you draw their name, I had this one girl and she had me, it was a $20 price limit. I got her a crock pot and she got me a stinky old pillar candle with the $1.99 price sticker still on it.
    Ohhh, that sucks. There are good pillar candles and bad pillar candles and with the price tag is sounds like this last minute "oh, *FA Edit*" gift was the later.
    My grandmother and now my sister each have a re-gifting closet. I know many people re-gift, but they are out of control. Getting a peak at the items they have stored in there does really help one gauge what NOT to get them for any holiday or special ocassion. They are both incredibly gracious and would never hint that they did not like a present (okay, except for that time when my sister's husband-to-be gave her a "rock tree" on their first christmas together, but thats another story...), they just "oh" and "ah" and thank the person profusely and then later quietly slip it in with the rest of the cast aways.
    I have to admitt, it did come in handy once or twice when I got invited to a last minute birthday party or special event......."grandma, can I get something out of the gift closet, plleeaaassse."
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 12-14-2005 at 11:28 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post

I did! (according to an evidence above)
    I love the fact that you still have the evidence of your what are you giving me this for????? look.. Wow you are a handsome guy and you were a cute kid!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    My ex live in boyfriend once gave me a foot spa. WOW How romantic is that? Or was he trying to tell me something?

An ex-boyfriend once gave me a plastic backscratcher and a pair of socks with smiley faces.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    My ex-husband gave me a pair of flannel pajamas and a curling iron.

Needless to say, we had a 5 month old at the time and the last thing you want to see (at a moment in your life when you feel the least sexiest) are a pair of flannel pajamas....

I have forever erased that word from my vocabulary ever since...flannel be gone!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

These gifts are hysterical and loving how its the EX most of the time! This isn't a bad gift, but I have an acquaintance that I see maybe 2-3 times a year and everytime its holidays, we give each other gifts that are obviously reject gifts we got from other exchanges and wanted to get rid of.

My ex of 3 years gave me an outdoor thermometer. That's all. And I was with him when he bought it and asked, who are you going to give that to? And he said, I dunno.

The really sad thing is, I still have it, and it still works.

Mine was a $5 phone card from my mother in law. Nothing says love better then telling me to go call someone who cares. The next year she handed me a wrapped jewelry box. I'm thinking oh yay it's going to be a pretty little Christmas broach. Nope. She just took the time to box and wrap the $5 phone card.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I love the fact that you still have the evidence of your what are you giving me this for????? look.. Wow you are a handsome guy and you were a cute kid!

Geez... thanks. LOL
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast