+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cereal Junkies United

My husband and I are not big cereal eaters. I never liked cereals as a child and I still don't. On occasion, I'll eat Vanilla mini-wheats, but only as an evening snack and often without milk. Right now, in my cupboards I have Vanilla mini-wheats and Cheerios, for my son.

Premium Member
    I just read my last post and all the scary sugar-filled cereals I listed. I've been trying hard to eat more healthy and a new favorite of mine is Kellogg's All Bran Oat Bran Flakes. If I want something a little sweeter I like Cinnamon Life. I do still love my plain oatmeal, but now I have it with fat free half & half and artificial sweetener.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    We weren't allowed to eat sugared cereals of put sugar on our cereal, so my sister and I eat Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Wheaties, Raisin Bran and oatmeal. Sugary cereals tastes too sweet to me. Sometimes we were allowed to get a box of Cocoa puffs, but we nevered ate more than a little bits. I think our parents did that to prove a point. They both grew up putting sugar on their cereal and had cavities and they didn't want that with us.

OMG, I am so glad I came across this thread! I thought I was a weirdo b/c I can eat an entire box of cereal in 2 days! But I'm not alone! Yea!
    I rarely buy cereal for that very reason. I just cannot stop eating it when it's around! I esp. love Kix & Cheerios (not mixed, lol). But I get a hankering for some of the sugary ones too, like Corn Pops, Lucky Charms, Captain Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles...etc...
    I like hot cereals too, but I can exhibit restraint with them, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I ADORE cereal. I LOVE it. I am in love with it. I LOVE cold cereal. It really doesnt matter which kind right now. Its all good.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

MRD
    Lucky Charms are my favorite!!! But I only treat myself occasionally.
    Right now the cereal I like I can't remember the name, but its a lot healthier version. It has bran flakes, almonds and something else. Duh, I know what the box looks like, but I can't remember the name. But I don't eat much cereal anymore. I need more protien than I can get from cereal. But my family are great cereal eaters. My daughter loves Raisen nut bran and will eat it for dinner.
    I also like rice krispies with fresh bananas or strawberries cut up on them(and well, who DOESN'T like rice krispie treats? )
    I like the Kashi cereals too.

Hubby eats road gravel, I mean, Grape nuts. I can't eat the stuff, feel like it will break my teeth. Besides, he crunches it so loudly, it sounds like he's eating rocks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The husband thought he was crazy when he got his latest box of HoneyComb and thought it tasted awful. Then he did some online research and there were several enraged people who said it tasted different. I think the company changed hands and some tinkering with formula took place. Infidels.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

MRD
    The cereal I like is Oatmeal Crisp. The Almond one.

Geez, it only took me 24 hours to remember the name. I could see the box in my mind, but not the name.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Special K Vanilla Almond. I can't go a day without it. The problem is, of course, it that it's so expensive - I may as well take up cigarettes again for what it's costing my family to keep me in cereal.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Currently I'm into Special K Red Berry. I also like the Kashi cereals and Weight Watchers Almond Crisp with cranberries. Total is also one of my favorites. As a kid it was Sugar Pops because every kid knows "Sugar Pops are tops!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast