+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cereal Junkies United

My kid's got me hooked on Frosted Mini Chex. But I also miss a lot of cereals that they don't make anymore Frosted Rice Krispies were replaced with Rice Krispie treats and it's not the same, Does anyone remember the Cap'n Crunch cereal with the Pirate? it was cinnamon.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Plus anyone has to love Corn Flakes, now I am into the Corn Flakes with bananas.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Premium Member
    Great thread!

Cocoa Pebbles - makes the best chocolate milk of all the cocoa cereals. I love to make Rice Krispie bars out of Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles.
    Chocolate Lucky Charms
    Reeses Puffs
    Frosted Flakes - I like to crush them, I can get more cereal in the bowl that way.
    Great Grains with Dates & Pecans - I like to throw in extra dates and pecans.
    Oatmeal with cream and sugar
    Maple flavored Malt-O-Meal with butter and brown sugar.

The best cereal I have ever had in my whole life is the homemade granola at the Snow King in Jackson, Wyoming. Two years ago I was there for a conference and they had so many requests for the recipe that they e-mailed it to everyone who attended the conference. I still have it if anyone is interested just PM me.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Oatmeal with milk and sugar
    golden gramns
    frosted flakes
    resse puffs
    coca or fruity pebbles
    apple jacks
    captain crunch
    just crunchberries cereal
    uh....the smurf cereal from the 80's (similar to crunchberries)
    *drooling on keyboard*
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Honey Nut Cheerios smothered in honey (with milk, of course)
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Golden Graham's- i FORGOT those, love em, now I guess I have to try Chocolate Lucky charms. Count Chocula- love, Sugar Smacks-Hate

Cereal is hands down the best snack ever. It is always the right time for cereal. Throughout my life those cardboard boxes have been there. When I was a kid, my mom (the health food nut) always gave us some cereal called Fruit and Fiber. It sounded weird but tasted great and I will always remember that combination of dried fruit and crunchy flakes before school in the morning as I ate my bowl by the wood stove. We never had sweet cereal back then. Just the F and F and bags of puffed rice, or wheat, or wheat germ......but I digress.

When I moved on to college, it was cereal that welcomed me home from the bar. Never was anything more perfect and simple in my drunken stupor then a big bowl of crunchy sweetness mixed with cold milk. In those days I was a Peanut Butter Captain Crunch fanatic and would occasionally eat a box in just one evening (but I still have a little milk left, so just one more bowl)

In another phase of my college years (and perhaps a few years after...... ) cereal was the ideal munchy food. Nothing fulfilled the "all of the above" cravings like my beloved cereal. With icy cold milk or all by itself, boxes of the stuff would never last long.

And even still today, cereal is a cornerstone of my daily routine. Not only do I start the day with my new obsession (corn flakes with fresh sliced strawberries and bananas...okay...and a little sugar on top), frequently snack on quaker oat squares during the day, and curl up on the couch to watch my favorite shows at night with a big bowl of simply the best cereal ever........Ohs!. These hard to find treasures are everything cereal should be. Crunchy, without getting soggy in milk. Sweet, without making your teeth hurt. And as perfect today as it was when I first served myself a heaping spoonful so many years ago.....

Thank you for this thread....what a wonderful topic.

I love Rice Krispies with Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup. It sounds weird but it is so good, and I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I buy healthy cereal and it sits on the shelf for months. I buy Coco Puffs, Cinamon Toast Crunch, etc. and it's gone. I keep frosted Mini Wheats at school to munch on dry (brown sugar, vanilla, strawberry - it's all good). I eat Kashi instant oatmeal every morning with coconut oil on it. Mmmm. I do love the more sugary cereals (CC, LC) but can't bring myself to buy them. I feel too guilty. If I get Cheerios or Grapenuts I end up putting a ton of sugar on it.
    Count your blessings!

Oatmeal with a scoop of ground flax, a scoop of 12 grain cereal and two scoops of raisins - mmm mmm good. I'm not sure why I don't love the sweet cereals since I have, in my youth, literally eaten sugar right out of the bowl and currently occasionally enjoy brown sugar and butter on a chunk of warm baguette, but I never have. When I was a kid my favourites were Cheerios, Weetabix and Alpen.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast