+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas/The Holidays?

Dear Santa,

This is the first letter I've written to you...that should count for something. I would like a Kelly Kettle and a British Berkey water filter. If that is no do-able, then just a day off with nobody to take care of would be nice.

Sincerely, Livin4.

Hmm..

I would like Santa to bring... some heating fuel! Luckily it has been unseasonably warm thusfar.. But I can't see it lasting the whole winter.

And if Santa could send some elves to build a railling on the non-wall side of our stairs... that would be FANTASTIC! Ash plays on them constantly, and he's definately fallen more than his fair share of times.

And to finally, some comfey bras in my proper size. I've never had a professional fitting, and It would be so cool not to fuss around constantly with spillage here and falling straps there.

Oh yeah, and A Walk To Remember on DVD. For those days when I am crazy emotional and just need a good cry

*and a name for our new baby*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

It's been 4 years since I held Christmas in my home--my mother became ill 3 years ago Christmas eve, then eventually passed away..............This year everyone is healthy....and Christmas with 8 of our 11 grandkids and 3 of our 5 kids and their spouses will be home for Christmas.......what else could a Mom desire?....hmmmm....a personal chef maybe
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

nlmcp: You crack me up!

gabriel: I think I know what you speak of. Like food in the frig.

Vonna: Bra spillage and fallling straps definitely indicates wrong size! Both in the number and letter combination.

Vonna: It sounds like you will have a wonderful time this year!
    --------------------

Santa: I changed my mind.

I'd really like to have an animal retreat for injured and abandoned aminals of the furry kind. Tax free. Funded by benefactors into perpetuity. With lots of space and warmth and sunshine. Oh, and I'd like to be able to talk to the animals and hear them too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I rarely go shopping in the mall and I can't handle it. I keep buying for me this year.

But I'm done.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I buy for me as well, but I justify it because I wrap it and put it under the tree. Otherwise I only get 3 presents from my kids and 3 from my siblings. I need something from Santa. Being a Gemini in these situations makes things so much easier.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2179427;
    gabriel: I think I know what you speak of. Like food in the frig.
    Yes misskitty, exactly food in the frig, cabinets, extra food around for Mona & Joey (although when I was really not doing well, they always had food- it goes in the shopping cart before my food, still out of habit.) extra litter for them. Not that I've become a hoarder mind you, just nice to be able to use up that last roll of paper towels and have 3 more rolls ready to go. Stuff like that.

I really enjoy being able to see something I like & buy it
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2179427;
    Santa: I changed my mind. Oh, and I'd like to be able to talk to the animals and hear them too!
    Not sure if I'd want to know what Mona & Joey are REALLY saying to me.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Exactly! Ha! Just like I probably don't want to know what my students say about me behind my back.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2179490;
    Exactly! Ha! Just like I probably don't want to know what my students say about me behind my back.
    See my reply in Koffee Klatsch, so this thread doesn't go off track
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My 12 year old is now taller than me. I'd like about three inches added to my height. And a house at the beach.
    Seriously, a home to move into in the city where we are relocating would be good.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread