+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas/The Holidays?

gabriel - we're two sides of the same coin. I can't think of a single thing I want. If I really want something I get it for myself.
    Count your blessings!

My DIL called and asked me this same thing. I told her whatever they got me would be fine. I don't want to tell someone what to get me. That just feels wrong. Think about it and buy something with your heart. It's the thought that counts.

MRD
    I want the same thing as Newf, except I want to be sitting DIRECTLY opposite of him and I want Florida to win!!! Read my Dear Santa letter under my avatar.

What I'd love to unwrap is a kitchen aid mixer, but that has not happened in 10 years so not likely to this year.

I'd also like Billy Joel tickets as he's coming here in Feb.

And I want the new Eric Clapton and JJ Cale CD and the new Mark Knoppfler and Emmylou Harris CD. Those two are what I'm most likely to get. Maybe.

And then I saw this very awesome suede vest when we went to Chimney Rock that I would like. But I may end up having to buy that myself later on.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have no idea what I really want.
    I just know what I don't want - and unfortunately, that is usually what I end up with.

I did inform hubby that 'things for the motorcycle' are not considered presents to me. The bike was his present - getting me a softer seat is accessorizing his present (with me) - my presents should be smaller and shinier.

I did want a black leather coat - we went and got it a couple weeks ago. (and I bought myself a red leather jacket that I fell in love with).

Yeah, if I want something, I get it myself - I have to try on clothes/shoes/etc. so can't be surprised.

What I really want is someone else to vacumn, wash the dishes, clean the house, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2178282;
    gabriel - we're two sides of the same coin. I can't think of a single thing I want. If I really want something I get it for myself.
    And after so many years of not being able to do that and finally beginning about 5 years ago I was able to start doing things that I wanted, buy things that I wanted. I mean it is so nice actually have shoes still in the box, extra stuff in drawers like socks etc., Isn't it a nice feeling? And you my dear lady have had such a year! I am so glad that we see you here. Have a Happy Holiday Season!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well my first choice would be the same as JLuvs...someone to pay my bills!!!

But if I have to name some things...I'd like a laptop with a DVD burner, a new video camera, Survivor Season 1 DVD, Garth Brooks "The Entertainer" 5 DVD set, Dreamgirls soundtrack and a new portable phone.

The only thing I'm fairly certain out of that list I will get will be the Garth Brooks DVD set!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

If I could choose anything I'd want a new sewing machine. I have one, but it's my sister's old and she bought it used, so it's not running entirely perfect )sometimes it just stand still on the same place, the needle braks and the fabric gets stuck, not very good). My boyfriend said he thought about buying me one, but they're too expensive for his wallet. I don't need anything extravagant (like the ones that can do embroideries (sp?)) but you can't hardly find one without special features. All I use is the straight seem and zig-zag (well, it would be nice with one that can do overlock properly, mine does not do that).

I don't really know what else I want, I have somethings on my list, but their more things I need, not really just for me.

I bought to me for me, Bob Seger Tickets.

Then while Christmas shopping, I bought myself Pride and Predjuduce the 10th anniversay BBC production with Colin Firth

Then last night while Christmas shopping I bought 3 pairs of clearence earrings and 3 shirts, for me.

The only thing I asked for from the kids was an exercise ball and some cheap earrings.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Currently, i want a telescope and i believe i will be getting it.
    A sleeping bag.
    The sansa e260 or e270

And i also want to hear form my sisters.
    I also want some clothes.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I would love the entire season of The West Wing on DVD

+ Reply to Thread