+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What do you want for Christmas/The Holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana View Post
    I'm throwing some money vibes your way, Alias.
    I'm feeling it Texie!! Much Love - Thanks!! Happy Holidays
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I know it's early but reality is - this is a good time to start shopping for Christmas/Chanukah - if you spread it out it won't hurt as much right?? Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

MY kiddo has asked Santa for new bedding! She's 6 and she has decided that her purple daisy bedding ensemble is 'too babyish' She needs a new pink bedroom.

Also- a follow up question:

Where do you hide your pre-purchased Christmas gifts??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    MY kiddo has asked Santa for new bedding! She's 6 and she has decided that her purple daisy bedding ensemble is 'too babyish' She needs a new pink bedroom.
    You have a very sensible child! (My 5 year old niece once asked me for a gift card to Borders!!! I was laughing so hard...and got her one.) And not to sound too much like Candy Spelling but I have a gift room. OK, it's really just a small closet, but that's where I store gifts (that I'll buy on sale throughout the year, as well as greeting and Thank You cards and all the wrapping paper and ribbons--most of which I paid too much for per roll since kids were selling them for school fundraisers). I also keep small housewarming gifts there (candles, etc.) so that when we're invited to someone's house for dinner or what not, I can pack a small goodie bag along with the wine we usually bring.

The only thing I really want for Christmas is a baby and I won't get one. So all you parents out there, count your lucky stars that you have your own little angels at home.

My husband and I have everything we want or need. So I'd like to spend time with our families enjoying good food and conversation...and treat ourselves to a really nice vacation to a remote island somewhere. Maybe even ring in the new year there.

Or a new Kate Spade purse.

Oh Lois, I'm so sorry. It's so unfair when someone who so very much wants a baby cannot have one while some indifferent person can pop them out one after another. My heart goes out to you and your husband
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Oh Lois, I'm so sorry. It's so unfair when someone who so very much wants a baby cannot have one while some indifferent person can pop them out one after another. My heart goes out to you and your husband
    Thanks cricketeen. You're very sweet!

Also- a follow up question:

Where do you hide your pre-purchased Christmas gifts??
    Layaway. It is a wonderful tool. You don't have to come up with the money all at once, it isn't a credit card and the stuff is hidden at the store.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My husband has 4 months left in the military, all I want for Christmas is for him to get a job offer in a nice town that pays enough and the cost of living is low enough that we can afford a house and for me to stay home with my daughter for a couple more years.
    I am in my later thirties and I would like to own a home, with moving around so much I have nearly always rented. Also I was a latchkey kid as far back as I can remember. I was never allowed to do after school stuff because I had to get home so my mom could call and check on us. I want something more for my daughter.
    I know you can't buy it in a store or wrap it but that would be the best gift I could ever ask for... I would even consider letting it cover Valentine's Day too!

As for where I hide gifts I always put them into moving boxes and seal them up with tape. Hailley is 4 she would never find them, John is just plain old lazy and would never take all the time it would take to open all the boxes and reseal them to find out!!
    I pray we all get our Christmas wishes!

not to sound thick - but what is layaway?

Our kiddo isn't allowed in the basement alone so we hide the gifts in the sauna. Up until this past Easter I was hiding my goodies in my bedroom closet but little miss got wise to that so I had to get a little sneaker.

When she gets older I'll have to hide stuff in the attic crawl space. The access door is behind the head of my bed so she'd have to move everything to sneak a peek.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

not to sound thick - but what is layaway?
    That is where you can go to a place like Wal Mart, get basically everything you need in one shot put 10% down and then make payments. Once it is all paid for you take it home. (They store it in the back of the store for you)

I tried to do that a couple of years ago but our Wal Mart quit doing it (which I didn't find out until I went TO the LAYAWAY desk ) I mean why have a layaway desk if you don't do layaways??

I would call the stores where you usually get the most of your gifts and ask if they have layaway and what they're policy is on it. How long they will keep it, the % you have to put down etc. It really is a good way to shop for both the cost and hiding factors.

My mother put a gift to me in a container, labeled it "Squash" and put it in the freezer. She knew I wouldn't even think of looking in there because I hate Squash. I had to wait for my gift to thaw out on Christmas morning.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread