+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas/The Holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    All I'd really want is to spend time with the people I love.
    That's exactly what I was hopping in here to say! I feel very fortunate that I can do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    3. One month set aside each year to have an extended 31 day orgasm.
    You're not asking for much, are you?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    This reminds me of the Christmas skit Steve Martin did years ago on Saturday Night Live (anybody remember? ):

If I had three wishes I could wish this holiday season:

1. All the children in the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of peace and harmony.
    2. $30,000,000 a month to be given to me, tax free, in a Swiss bank account.
    3. One month set aside each year to have an extended 31 day orgasm.

I think there were more wishes, but these are all I remember.
    I remember that skit Jewels! The best part about it was that he started out with the first one and then, as he added more and more, the kids kept getting bumped down the list. He was finally saying "...and the thing with the kids..."

What do I want this Christmas? I really don't have many material wants. I asked for a few things that I really had been wanting/needing for some time and beyond that, just being with my family is enough. I'm also looking forward to having some time to myself where I can sleep in and read what I want for a few weeks before school starts. Oh, and a few good dates (with the same person! ) would be nice too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oh, and a few good dates (with the same person! ) would be nice too.
    Hopefully Santa has two nice (and cute) men attached to his sleigh then cause that's what I asked for as well.

Christmas has been pretty much non-existent in my family for the past few years since I've had to work, but this year they've decided that my store will be closed for the day...which means I can spend time with them. That makes my only (other) Christmas wish for a day that my family will all get along, have patience with each other, and just have a peaceful, fun day.

I want my kids to understand that it is not all about presents. I told them Christmas is going to be light this year because Santa is busy helping Hurricane victims, so my youngest son said, I just want to give them my money(mind you he has only $2.00 in his jar)....and if he can spare an XBOX 360 that will do. I'm half way there.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I like the days off I get at Christmas Time.

giz
    Okay, just me, not big issues or stuff for my kids (like a happy family!). Just me? Material stuff only, as the intangible is too big! I want the fab Tibetan slippers I saw in town. I want a hand-held back-massager thingy, since mine is moving out. I want a diamond ring, since I've been married 13 years and haven't got one, and won't now. (I am going to save for a cheapie!). I want my mum to stop feeling so lonely and go and join some clubs so that she stops phoning me when I'm trying to cook 3 different dinners for my fussy family (okay that was tangible). I want a soft bathrobe like normal people have. And could the cat stop getting sick from eating birds which have gone off? If I have to airlift him away from my Persian rugs one more time!

Ok Peace on Earth, no disease or stravation. That's for everyone else.

A nice sweet boyfriend who is no trouble whats so ever. Who owns a chainsaw, knows how to do wiring and thinks it's great fun to help me out.

I want to lose 25 pounds and keep it lost.

I want a ring, nothing fancy, but pretty and nice. Something with silver and maybe oynx or opals. Everything I look at is so ornate now.

I want my laptop back from work.

I want an angora sweater. In blue. That makes me look wonderful.

That's all. Nothing huge.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Peace on Earth, an end to needless suffering, goodwill toward one another. That's for the world. And now for me.

I don't want much. I want some time where I don't have to do anything but play some video games, read some good books, enjoy some food, ride around in my truck a little with no particular place I have to be, browse around the Internet a bit, and nap some whenever I want. Some DVD's, some books, some video games would be nice.

But if we're talking dream list here, and it's coming out of Santa's pocket...

I have my eye on a Japanese racing motorcycle.

I wouldn't mind a humidor at home with my favorite cigars. While we're at it, let's throw in a kick-ass cutter and lighter, and my friends from California to help me enjoy them.

A year's supply of vodka and my brand of cigarettes. (And no ill effects, ever, from either.)

A new convertible.

Some clothes, including a hip-length leather jacket, some good shoes, some new shirts, and some suits (I like Hugo Boss, if anyone's listening ).

A Coach laptop bag and that HP laptop I've been eyeing would be a nice combo.

A home theater system in my own media playroom. It has to be so loud, the neighbors across the street would complain. In place of this, I want a "cinema paradiso" in my backyard and good weather all year to enjoy it.

My home office to be decorated the way I want and to stay clean all year!

The Mafia legbreaker/debt collectors the hell off my back.

I'm not asking for much. Oh, yeah, and I'm totally down for that 31-day orgasm (see above). Science needs to be devoted to discovering this.

ETA: In place of these things, small or big, I would give it all up, if in exchange for what I want, my family and friends' wildest dreams came true.

ETA: Okay, editing this again. I'll trade all my stuff in, but I really wish science would get on that 31-day orgasm.
    Last edited by phat32; 12-13-2005 at 08:17 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

What do I want for Christmas...wow...nobody has asked me that question this year. Should I be worried?

I want my husband to have a decent conversation with our oldest son which HE initiates and doesn't involve a lecture about "when I was younger..."
    I want my eldest son to stop acting like the world is bad and it is all Bush's fault (even if I kind of agree, stoppit already!) and to enjoy the spirit of the holiday season. I wish him and his bad success in 2006.
    I want my youngest son to sing me a solo. I hear from sooo many people that he has an AMAZING voice - but he won't sing for just me. I hope he scores a 3 point basket in at least one game this year.
    I wish the war in Iraq would end - FOREVER and the people of Iraq could live happily.
    The 31 day orgasm - well, I don't have 31 days free on my calendar, but a couple hours would be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    The 31 day orgasm - well, I don't have 31 days free on my calendar, but a couple hours would be fine with me.
    You make time!

I can just see the announcement:

Scientist: Citizens of the world--greetings. My research team and I have good news...and bad news. The good news is we've discovered the month where it's possible for human beings to have a monthlong orgasm. The bad news is it's February...

Oh, and I want a puppy for Christmas, too.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast