+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas/The Holidays?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    At this point, for my sister's gift to arrive on time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2180388;
    I want to have back all of my husbands things that were stolen from our car last night as we slept.
    That is so awful ClosetNerd! I hope the police catch the thief. Did they take the car? Were all your Xmas presents in the car too? I hope not. Tis the season, unfortunately, for people to break into homes and literally take gifts. Someone once even cut down a Xmas tree on someone's front yard. The nerve .
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

We've always been big on presents in my family. At one point, when my brother and sister and I were kids, the decorations of the lower part of our Christmas tree were invisible because of all the presents. Needless to say, we loved it. These days, presents constitute a very small part of Christmas. What I want for Christmas is time to be around my loved ones, especially my sister, who lives abroad and doesn't come home more than a few times a year. In general, I'd say that's what I want for Christmas: time. Time to have the luxury to do nothing, just lie on the couch with my kitties, read a good book, enjoy a good cup of coffee, maybe take a nap in the middle of the day. Time to be with my sweetie - sometimes, I feel like we hardly ever see each other; we're so busy working, waiting for buses and trains and making sure we're well rested and fed so that we can manage yet another day of working and riding trains and eating and sleeping... To me, that's what I love about Christmas. If you're lucky, things slow down for a few days and you have time to just... be. We should do that more often, but the reality of life doesn't allow us to often enough.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2182168;
    For all of the cookies and candy I've been eating to not lead to weight gain.

Happy Holidays!
    I don't think that's asking too much.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    The only thing I asked for was an iPod and some time with my family. Now that I wrote that, it makes it seem like they're on the same level. It's two different things entirely. I just realized how much I miss my family. College is brutal.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;1710340;
    All I'd really want is to spend time with the people I love. And for my daughter to be happy. Then if Santa is still feeling generous, he can help me pay off some debt.

I'd like the same things I wanted last year. Also not to be stressed out. I'm tired of being stressed. It's been a hell of a year. In a way, I already have my Christmas present, though. I have a new beginning for the New Year and plan to make the most of it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    The ability to really listen to my mother. Eating too many sweets does give you a tummy ache. How many years do I need to be reminded of that?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2185655;
    The ability to really listen to my mother. Eating too many sweets does give you a tummy ache. How many years do I need to be reminded of that?
    I'm still counting, and I'm over 50

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2185425;
    I'd like the same things I wanted last year. Also not to be stressed out. I'm tired of being stressed. It's been a hell of a year. In a way, I already have my Christmas present, though. I have a new beginning for the New Year and plan to make the most of it.
    I can sympathize with you on that....I've had a rough year with physical issues, financial issues, etc and its hard not to be overwhelmed by it all sometimes. I thought I was hiding it pretty well from my 13 year old but he asked me the other night (in front of my mom and with a very serious look on his face) if I was ever going to be happy again .......How does one answer that question???!! To say it knocked me for a loop is a understatement. It was all I could do to keep from sitting there and bawling my eyes out. With 2 sets of eyes looking at me all I could manage to squeak out was "I sure hope so...I'm trying"....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

God love you bnb.

+ Reply to Thread