+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attn. Atlanta residents

Attn. Atlanta residents

Have you ever eaten at Gladys Knight's chicken and waffle restaurant? We will be in Atlanta one weekend soon, and I wondered if it's worth going to.

I like the gospel brunch at Disney World's House of Blues. Are there any great gospel services to go to in Atlanta?

Cheers

Harvest, from what I understand, most of the really big Atlanta churches have great music programs; I'm talking about the ones with congregations of several thousand. For great music make sure it's a predominantly African-American church--even though it's the South, the 'white" churches won't be playing the kind of music you are interested, I don't think.
    I've never eaten at the chicken and waffles place, but heard it's just ok. I know for a fact The Colonnade on Cheshire Bridge Road is a great place to get real southern cooking intown, as is Mary Mac's Tea Room on Ponce de Leon Avenue. Son's Place on Hurt St. is real good as well, but only open till 3 pm. If you want to get into the Colonnade or Mary Mac's on a weekend, I'd call ahead!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I agree with Queenb...Mary Mac's is where I would suggest you go, for sure.

Oh, great...now I miss living in Atlanta...

Thank you! My in-laws have lived there for decades, but they don't have great taste in restaurants, and I wouldn't have been able to get any good info out of them

By the way, Harvest, do they live in Atlanta itself, or in a suburb? Theres some good places to eat out in those areas too!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Regular
    get out of hotlanta! everyone is crazy down therrrrrre. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    By the way, Harvest, do they live in Atlanta itself, or in a suburb? Theres some good places to eat out in those areas too!
    They live in a suburb, north of Atlanta off Hwy. 75. They wanted to find a "gospel" church in Cherokee county, and I"m sure they'd want to eat there too (they are proposing Cracker barrel), but I wanted to go to a big production and an "authentic" restaurant (not expensive!) -- but without stressing them out with parking etc. if possible!

+ Reply to Thread