+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultimate frisbee

FORT Fanatic

Ultimate frisbee

Any other players here at the FORT?

If you are not an Ultimate player, you should be. Everyone should play. It's fun, good exercise and very cost effective (except when you start travelling to tournaments). Cool people like Jack Black play Ultimate.

I've heard that Ultimate might be an exhibition sport at the next summer games. That would be really cool, but I wonder - since Ultimate players police themselves, how will it work on an Olympic level? Do you think we'll be able to keep the Spirit of the Game at that level, or will it fall apart in petty disputes between rival countries?

Is Ultimate Frisbee anything like frolf?

I have played a lot of Ultimate in my life. A very fun game.

I also like *gasp* disc golf. They even make different frisbees now for the different types of shots.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I've played and enjoyed both, but I don't consider myself part of the global community of either.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Is there a difference between them. I'm used to playing Frsbee golf. Where you throw some disks over a course into a chain basket. Untill you take the beer break halfway through.

Ultimate is like football with a frisbee in that you move up and down the field trying to get in the end zone. And basketball, in that you can't walk with the frisbee in your hand. And track, in that you run your ass off.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fanatic
    Exactly! Don't forget that Ultimate has beer as well. One guy on my team can layout for the disc holding a beer, catch the disc and not spill a drop.

And you do so much running you burn off all the beer.

+ Reply to Thread