+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You may think it's weird but I....

MRD
    I find it extremely satisfying to squeeze blackheads and zits.

Gross, but am not alone as have since found out others share this gross obsession.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Av. by CrossingGuard fujiyoshi_knife's Avatar
    Okay, this is quite embarrassing:

When I'm alone I have toy guns and I reenact scenes of Battle Royale.

and if I listen to music and it plays in one ear only that ear gets extremely irritated and I must have my other ear have the exact same amount of noise to balance it out, the same with objects (if a whole lotta stuff or a light is on one side that eye gets irritated.) but this is only when I'm focused on it. I hope I'm not alone with this!

One of my weird things is that when I sleep alone (hubby has a job where he spends some nights away - firefighter), I have a brick that I put in front of the bedroom door to keep it from "closing". I know I'm probably the only one that does this but too many horror movies and I just can't sleep if I think the door can slam shut on its own! When H is home, I'm okay, don't need the brick.

And he doesn't even notice it or ever ask me what the brick is for. Since we live in a mobile home where doors are uneven anyway, he probably just assumes it's there for a door prop.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I can't have a door halfway open or closed. It has to be ALL the way open or ALL the way closed.

When I'm home alone, I sing...really loudly to whatever is in my head.

I talk to myself when I'm alone, too. I don't have conversations, I just tell myself stuff. "Time to put away the dishes. Hmm, I wonder what's on TV tonight?"

I cried when Clay lost American Idol...for about an hour.

I am the female version of Simon, too. I yell at my screen. (By the way, I love Taylor Hicks. *shameless plug*)

I can't put on mascara without opening my mouth.

I dance in front of my mirror before I take a shower (and I am normally already disrobed. )

I can't sleep on my back. I have to be on my stomach.

I fall asleep a lot quicker with music in my headphones (and I, too, cannot have it playing in just one ear. ACK!).

I fall asleep a lot quicker alone. (Slumber parties were not my thing as a kid.)
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Okay, with the passing of Don Knotts and Darren McGavin, I'm now waiting for a third person. Morbid I know but I have this odd notion that people die in "three's" and it's most noticeable when they're famous. But it needs to happen within a week of each other. If more than a week goes by, then a new series of three's would start. I'm glad when I'm wrong but the "three" thing does happen quite a bit.

The same can go for relatives. My step-father, his sister, and his aunt all died within a couple of weeks of each other.

Looks at ArchieComic Fan - Isn't that something, I do that also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Looks at ArchieComic Fan - Isn't that something, I do that also.

WEll make the me the third. I do it too.

Oh, pun not really intended!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Okay, with the passing of Don Knotts and Darren McGavin, I'm now waiting for a third person. Morbid I know but I have this odd notion that people die in "three's" and it's most noticeable when they're famous. But it needs to happen within a week of each other. If more than a week goes by, then a new series of three's would start. I'm glad when I'm wrong but the "three" thing does happen quite a bit.

The same can go for relatives. My step-father, his sister, and his aunt all died within a couple of weeks of each other.

HOLY MOLEY......see...I'm not the only one that does and think that too!!!! I was just on the phone telling a friend that Darren McGavin died and I said "ok now who's gonna be the 3rd?". I also had relatives to die within a short period of time of each other...my dad and 2 of my close uncles.

I'm also a zit popping lover but only on myself...I'm not one of those people who like to pop others

When I pass a hearse on the road I always mark an "X" on my ceiling with my finger to protect me from death (don't know where I got that from but I've always done it!)

When I'm eating a apple with a stem, I twist the stem around and as I twist it, I say the alphabet and whichever letter it lands on I need to say a boys name cause that's who I'm gonna marry (old elementary trick)

On Friday the 13th, I always dress completely in black. Friday the 13th is my favorite day (other than my son's who was born on the 12th...darn if I couldn't have tried to keep him in a little longer to make it to the 13th!)...I've also carried over the 13th tradition with my son because ever since he was little he's had 13 as his baseball and basketball jersey number!

I suck on the Q-tip before I put it in my ear to clean (for some reason I picked up that habit from an old boyfriend!!!...go figure!)

I really think that alot of this stuff that I do also belongs in the OCD thread but I've already posted in there too!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Put me on the list wondering who would be the third.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Put me on the list wondering who would be the third.
    And the answer is.....Dennis Weaver.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast