+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heres Your Sign, Or Something Like That

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

Heres Your Sign, Or Something Like That

Well i looked around a figured this is the best place for this. ever get a situation where the responce would be a "heres your sign". Well It happened to me today. I was going through the drive thru in an Inn and Out burger (checking them out to see what all the hoopla was about) and I stated my order and the girl repeated it back and asked me....swear to god...."will you be eating this in your car?" I almost said no I take it in the store and eat it there I just love the drive thru......

so do you have an experience like this. post it here

I was on call for medical emergencies in a small town and that meant receiving phone calls and going to the clinic when necessary. A guy called and told me had sprained his ankle, could walk on it etc., but it was swelling. So I gave him the usual advice but he told me he couldn't put ice on it because he didn't have a fridge. There was approximately 8 feet of snow outside.....

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, this happened to me last night. As I was coming home form a sushi slaughter, I was behind a pickup with a camper top at the traffic light. as he puled away, the tailgate fell open and some of his groceries fell out, I pulled around them to advoid the spraying beer cans, and flashed my lights to get him to stop. he pulled over on a dirt lot and I told him "your tail gate fell open and you lost some bags back there" he thanked me and then I watched him pull around and do a "U" turn and go back.....he never got out to close the tail gate and the road was upwards to the way he turned so i am sure he lost more when he did this.......so to him I say "here's your sign"

.....Here's your sign......

I don't understand this at all...
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

This should explain it lonelyguy:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/heresign.htm

I posted this a while back in another thread, but it bears repeating here:

I was doing a survey in southeast Kansas. We needed to pick up some bridge spikes (a 3/8" diameter by 12" long super-nail), so we went to the local lumber yard, handed one to the clerk, and told him how many we needed. He looked at it, scratched his chin, and said (and I swear I am not making this up!) "I don't think they ever made these."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Actually w/ In N Out they always ask that because if you eat it in your car, they'll give you the box, but if you plan to take it home or work, they'll give you bags instead.

I have co workers who buy In N Out for everyone at once and so they'll always need the bags instead of the box because its easier to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    This should explain it lonelyguy:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/heresign.htm
    It's funny. I can't think up of the story right now. I'm just too tired to think right now.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

FORT Regular
    I was in a drive through a few weeks ago and they gave me a soda with a lid on it and said to me, would you like me to give you a straw? This thread just reminded me of that... like, no thanks, i was just going to be throwing the soda from my window going down the highway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast