+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Daylight Saving Time Ends

  1. #71
    Fort Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    633

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    We are the oppersite it has just commenced here and it is a pain. We have 6 states and 2 territories WA,SA,Tas, QLD, Vic and NSW then NT and ACT. Vic, QLD, NSW, ACT all are usually on the same time frame, SA are 30 minutes behind, NT 90 minutes and WA 2hrs. QLD, WA and NT dont have Day light saving
    That means Tas, Vic and NSW are all on the same time, SA is 30 minute behind them but 30 minutes ahead of QLD and 2hrs ahead of NT and 2 and a half hours ahead of WA who are now 3 hours behind Vic, Tas and NSW but 2 behind QLD, NT are just now really confused and no one really cares that much about ACT to know what time they are at the moment but its usually 50 years behind. It get more confusing later on as some states stop Day light saving before others do so Vic stop in March and NSW go until after easter which may fall in April so then you get a whole new time zone
    The worst part is if you live on the NSW and QLD border which a few 100thousand do, some live on one side and work on the other, same with Vic NSW border so you leave for work at 9am takes you 10 minutes so you arrive at 8:10am 50 minutes before you left home, you leave work at 6pm and get home at 10 past 7 just lost an hour somewhere

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda;3741106;
    We are the oppersite it has just commenced here and it is a pain. We have 6 states and 2 territories WA,SA,Tas, QLD, Vic and NSW then NT and ACT. Vic, QLD, NSW, ACT all are usually on the same time frame, SA are 30 minutes behind, NT 90 minutes and WA 2hrs. QLD, WA and NT dont have Day light saving
    That means Tas, Vic and NSW are all on the same time, SA is 30 minute behind them but 30 minutes ahead of QLD and 2hrs ahead of NT and 2 and a half hours ahead of WA who are now 3 hours behind Vic, Tas and NSW but 2 behind QLD, NT are just now really confused and no one really cares that much about ACT to know what time they are at the moment but its usually 50 years behind. It get more confusing later on as some states stop Day light saving before others do so Vic stop in March and NSW go until after easter which may fall in April so then you get a whole new time zone
    The worst part is if you live on the NSW and QLD border which a few 100thousand do, some live on one side and work on the other, same with Vic NSW border so you leave for work at 9am takes you 10 minutes so you arrive at 8:10am 50 minutes before you left home, you leave work at 6pm and get home at 10 past 7 just lost an hour somewhere
    Wow!!! That is really confusing. In the US I know for sure Arizona does not observe daylight savings time (I guess because of the heat) and it is hard to remember what time it is when I want to call a friend who lives there.

    But that's nothing compared to what is going on in Australia!!!

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey PGM35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: Daylight Savings Time Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3226898;
    Same here - got up at 4:30AM with the boys and girl. Their tummies tell them it's 5:30 and they want to eat. I napped the rest of the morning off and on.
    A year ago to the day! mine are still sleeping after getting up to eat. I think the weather change (just got cooler here) is affecting them more than the time change. I, on the other hand, am loving it. I get up at 4AM so it's like it's 5 only really 4.

  4. #74
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,701

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    I'd rather have longer daylight in the evening than in the morning. Plus, if it gets darker earlier (according to the clock), we turn on lights earlier. I don't see how that saves energy. There's a safety factor involved as well when you now have to walk to your car or bus after work and it's dark. I wonder why we don't just do away with the time change. I can see maybe keeping it in states where the daylight is affected by several hours but here in GA it wouldn't be a big deal to me if we didn't participate.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

  5. #75
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,477

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3741114;
    . . . In the US I know for sure Arizona does not observe daylight savings time (I guess because of the heat) and it is hard to remember what time it is when I want to call a friend who lives there.
    Hi, Columbia. I'm originally from nearby Baltimore, and have lived in Arizona (with no DST) for over 20 years. You're right - we don't observe DST because the last thing we need here in the summertime is another hour of daylight. And it's confusing for us, too, to remember what time it is in other places during different times of the year. Half the year, we're on the same time as Albuquerque - the rest of the year, we're on California time. And on the Indian reservation in northeast Arizona, they DO observe DST, so it's even more confusing if you're traveling through there.

    Hubby and I were in Portland over this past weekend. It was weird for us to have to figure out how to change time on his watch and my blackberry, since we normally don't ever have to do that. And then we had to switch it back on the plane before we got home.

    AZChristian

  6. #76
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    Marty, the cat from over the road, usually comes as I'm leaving the house at 7:30 so I can let her in for breakfast. This morning, she managed to find her way in old school (lying on her side and working her claw into the gap in the magnetic cat flap and pulling it open) at 6:30. I assume that she will be back on track by the end of the week.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    [QUOTE=AZChristian;3741179;]Hi, Columbia. I'm originally from nearby Baltimore.............



    Have lived in Columbia for 32 years, 11 in Bowie, MD before that and 6 in Virginia. Have been an East coaster all my life. Did you read the post from the FORTer in Australia? They really have it tough.

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,032

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    I hate Standard Time -- both starting and ending my work day in the dark. Humbug!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    I forgot this year (first time in over 20 years) and ended up at work extra early!

  10. #80
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Daylight Saving Time Ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3741182;
    Marty, the cat from over the road, usually comes as I'm leaving the house at 7:30 so I can let her in for breakfast. This morning, she managed to find her way in old school (lying on her side and working her claw into the gap in the magnetic cat flap and pulling it open) at 6:30. I assume that she will be back on track by the end of the week.
    I stand corrected. Marty was at my door at 7:30 this mornng. She's smarter than some people I know.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.