+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving Time Ends

Re: Daylight Savings Time Ends

Yay. We're back to real time! Now if we could stay in real time all year long, I'd be a happy camper.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3226898;
    Same here - got up at 4:30AM with the boys and girl. Their tummies tell them it's 5:30 and they want to eat. I napped the rest of the morning off and on.
    Well after I did laundry, I went and did some grocery shopping, then I went to the hardware store for a couple of throw away drop cloths and paint roller cover, did some touch up in the bedroom and re rolled the ceiling. (I had the place painted a couple months ago but since it had been so long (estimated 15 20 years) and the walls, ceilings are a bit wavy and various, I kept seeing small missed spots.) So maybe now I'll be able to jar up the remainder of the 5 gal pail and use the paint bucket for something else. Now I am having a couple MILLER High Life Beers and Joey ate some tuna, I'm going to shower and take a nap. (This should have probably been in the KLATSCH but oh well, it's all related to DST.)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gabriel, you sound like those old Marine commericals: "we do more before 9 a.m. than you do all day".

Enjoy the brews.

I actually felt like I got a lot accomplished today as well and was amazed when I'd look at the clock and go: "it's only noon? It's only 2?" ,etc. Of course now at 8 p.m. I'm going to want to go to bed.

I had one of those nights where I could have waited to reset my clock at 2 a.m. for the time change because I woke up every hour. I hate those nights.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was up at 4 but what gets me mad is the fact that they don't wake me up to eat, it's to play. So I get up, turn the computer on for a few, read the news and get back in bed by 4:30. Then they leave me alone until about 7. Stupid cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3226996;
    I was up at 4 but what gets me mad is the fact that they don't wake me up to eat, it's to play. So I get up, turn the computer on for a few, read the news and get back in bed by 4:30. Then they leave me alone until about 7. Stupid cats.
    Unklescott - That is just waaaay too funny. Mom & Dads Max does the same thing, he wakes up my Mom for a tummy rub and to play and then after they both walk to the kitchen for WATER he goes back to sleep.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3226910;
    Yay. We're back to real time! Now if we could stay in real time all year long, I'd be a happy camper.
    I wouldn't mind staying in the same time all year long, but I'd rather have daylight time, with the extra light at the end of the day. I don't mind getting up in the dark, but I don't like that it gets dark at 5:15 now. In fact, I know I'm going to be out of bed like a shot all week because I'm going to wake up, see daylight, and think I've overslept. I hate starting the day on an adrenaline rush like that.

The end of daylight savings also proved costly for me this year. Last spring, one of my bedroom lamps broke and I'd put off deciding on a new lamp because the days were getting longer, and in the summer, when it doesn't get dark till 9/9:15, it's not a lamp I really use. But now that it's dark so early, I had to pull the trigger today.

I have enjoyed the daytime of standard time so far, but it is 3:30 and I am starting to get that old feeling that the day is almost over because it will be dark very soon! And I still have loads to do before the work week starts. I am just going to have to learn how to make best use of my long evenings and not get sleepy too early.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3226996;
    Our 3 wake my husband up around 3 a.m. to go outside to the bathroom.

When he was traveling, I didn't wake up, so they got used to not going out. I keep telling him that if he'd quit taking them out, they'd eventually learn like they did with me.
    We take them out right before bed, but they still wake him up. Notice I said him, I sleep through it.

I too would rather have more light at the end of the day than at the beginning.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    It's 5pm and already getting dark. Luckily Pugs are not known for waking up at the crack of dawn, DLS time or regular time
    But once they are awake meals had better come ON TIME and this waiting the extra hour for dinner has NOT been pretty!
    Wait until we head out for our night time walks and they find out it's dark

Same here. Our little Shih Tzu started barking at us when she had to wait an extra hour for dinner. The nerve of us

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast