+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving Time Ends

I usually always sleep late on week-ends, especially Sundays since it's the only day of the week where I don't have an alarm clock, and the only time where I would have been able to do that and still have a nice long day I end not being able to sleep pas 9:30am!!! (really 8:30)! So now I'm going to have a super extra long day...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Woot! Was very excited this morning to discover that by waking up at 10:30, I was actually waking up at 9:30. Very sad to see Daylight Savings time end though, since this really signifies the very end of summer...or what was left of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMonkey
    Woot! Was very excited this morning to discover that by waking up at 10:30, I was actually waking up at 9:30. Very sad to see Daylight Savings time end though, since this really signifies the very end of summer...or what was left of it.
    Yeah... I agree with the end of summer On comes the cold long winter nights

I woke up this morning (or I should say afternoon) at 1:30pm, really upset cause I didn't want to sleep in so late, and then my boyfriend reminded me while I was freaking out and running all over the place, that it was really only 12:30.

I love the extra hour of sleep, but hate hate hate it getting dark at 5 from now on.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I love the extra hour of sleep, but hate hate hate it getting dark at 5 from now on.
    Just sit back and wait for 2007. That's when they'll be extending it.

The extra hour of sleep was great before I had a child. My three-year-old doesn't care anything about Daylight Savings Time, so she was still up at the same time. Which means *I* was still up at the same time. *sigh*
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I'm just the opposite, Luce! I take the Pomeranians on a decent-length walk at about 5:00 a.m. every weekday morning, so I'm glad that it'll be lighter out earlier in the day.

I'm more of a morning person, so I'll enjoy it when it's lighter out tomorrow morning!!

(In a perfect world, however, the sun would never set!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    The extra hour of sleep was great before I had a child. My three-year-old doesn't care anything about Daylight Savings Time, so she was still up at the same time. Which means *I* was still up at the same time. *sigh*
    Yeah, I was excited that I could put them to bed earlier but this morning they were up at 7:00 as usual. Only I hadn't set my clock back yet and it was really 6:00! I was really ticked when I realized it!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

It sucks. My cat usually wakes me up at 5:30. That became 4:30 this morning. Breakfast rush at the restaurant started earlier so we got our butts kicked hard all day long. Add to that I put my best hostess and my best dishwasher on vacation this week so I was short two key employees and ended up doing about 25% more business than the average Sunday. I'm whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Just sit back and wait for 2007. That's when they'll be extending it.
    What do you mean? If you were making a joke and I didn't get it, I'll be embarassed.

I don't like it getting dark so early because my bike-loving hubby has to ride home in the dark. Sure, he's got all the lights and reflectors a worried wife can plaster him with, but I just feel like he's safer biking in the summer. He's nutty enough that he even bikes in the rain. Even the bright yellow rain gear doesn't phase him.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I enjoyed getting the extra hour of sleep, but as a result I got up an hour earlier than usual. I don't like it getting darker earlier either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast