+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween

I tried to go trick or treating but everyone kept trying to pull my face off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Happy Halloween!
    Don't ya just love candy corn?
    I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn.
    She said "here Lewis, this is candy corn. It's corn that tastes like candy." Woohoo...
    This tastes like crap!
    And every year since then Halloween has returned, and I, like an alzheimer's
    patient, find myself in a room. The room has a table in it, and on the table there's a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it as if I'd never seen it before. "Candy corn" I think, "corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait"... Sonofa b!tch!! - Lewis Black

Happy Halloween everyone!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I hope everyone got lots of Halloween candy and thank you for the Happy anniversary wishes!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween.

MRD
    Anyone have any exciting plans, costumes or anything for Halloween?

Hubby and I are going to go try to recapture our youth on Sat with a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Have tried to get the teenager to go with us and she refuses. She thinks it will be embarrassing if we are throwing rice, toast, hot dogs and cover our heads with newspaper.

Little does she know that EVERYONE does it. We feel she's finally old enough to see this movie and we used to have so much fun WAY back when it was still real popular. But nope, not going. I told hubby, she'd be a drag (not that kind of a drag, oh the pun!) anyway as she somehow never likes to let US have fun.

So I will be timewarping oh, sometime around 12:30 am on Sat/Sun night.

Everyone: Put your hands on your hips..............
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That sounds like a blast! It wouldn't matter how much fun she might have, the humiliation of being out with the parents who are acting like goofballs overrides the desire to join in! I tried to describe the experience to my 12 yr. old, but he is too young and too much like his dad to get it. I think he was creeped out by the thought of his MOM doing those things (even though he's seen me be pretty silly!) .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I will no doubt have a quiet evening at home. In the ten Halloweens that I've lived here, I've had exactly zero trick-or-treaters. I'd like to do some scary decorations, but not if it's just for myself.

I saw the RHPS once in the movie theater, and didn't much care for the audience participation. I do watch it every year at home, usually as the second half of a double feature (with Young Frankenstein)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2118573;
    That sounds like a blast! It wouldn't matter how much fun she might have, the humiliation of being out with the parents who are acting like goofballs overrides the desire to join in! I tried to describe the experience to my 12 yr. old, but he is too young and too much like his dad to get it. I think he was creeped out by the thought of his MOM doing those things (even though he's seen me be pretty silly!) .
    WEll whats so funny is that my husband who is fun, but reserved. He's the one that sits back at parties and enjoys watching the others (usually me) do stupid stuff. And he doesn't dance.

But the first time I went with him to see this, I saw a side of him I had NEVER seen before and that was almost as fun as the movie. He's seen it about 100 times so he really gets into it and it was absolutely hilarious.

Yes, being humiliated by parents is her burden to bear at this point in her life.

I've been singing Let's do the Time Warp AGain all morning.

We aren't dressing up, but we will have our props. Lets face it, no one wants to see me in a bustier and fishnets or a slip either.
    Although my hair this morning somewhat resembles Magenta's so if I could find a maids outfit.....

Newf, Young Frankenstein (" That's Franc-en-STEEN") is another favorite. I remember the first time my daughter watched it with us and she couldn't believe the monster was Raymond's Dad (on Everybody Loves Raymond)

I love the campiness of the RHPS and will watch at home, but I also think the audience participation is a hoot as well.

What's so funny is that for such a B movie, it produced a lot of later big stars. Tim Curry has always been a favorite in any movie he is in. But this one, he is a SCREAM in.
    Last edited by MRD; 10-27-2006 at 09:26 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have........ nothing planned. Yay me! Mostly because I have school that day. So i have to give a speech for my speech class, and do a midterm for my Special Effects Class. But I may wear a pair of devils horns to school.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I'm watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown right now. I love this show.

+ Reply to Thread