+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween

MRD

Re: Happy Halloween

Cute costumes. I like the shower one as well.

We had lunch today at a mexican restuarant. All the servers are men and were dressed as either Zorro or priests. Ours was an elderly gentleman in a cassock. He looked like a monsignor. Everytime he came to our table, I had the weirdest urge to start confessing all my sins.

My daughter goes to cosmotology school and they got to wear costumes. She went as Hello Kitty. When I picked her up, the other girls there coming out were all in really slutty costumes. There was a slutty referee, witch, school girl, etc. I said to my daughter when she got in the car, "I thought it was Halloween, not stripper wannabee day". She said that the school administrators said that next year they have to specify costumes in "good taste". I'm so glad my daughter doesn't want to dress up like that and was a very cute and tasteful Hello Kitty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh yeah, it's an excuse to dress like a tart. My daughter and her University friends are going as "sexy presidents" as a joke, ie. Abe Lincoln in fishnets. Their outfits are not that bad and they think of it as a social comment on the lunacy of dressing up slutty (or something like that).

Happy Halloween!

The costume pics are great. Newf, your mummy costume is hilarious.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

My granddaughter, 5, came up here to go trick-or-treating. She had been here most of the day. We saved the carving of the pumpkin so that she could do it. She was soooo excited about it being Halloween! Couldn't wait to get into her costume (Supergirl) and go trick-or-treating. She was only out about an hour/hour-and-a-half before she had hit all the houses in the neighborhood. The rest of the night she watched Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic.....all while digging into her stash of candy. We finally had to cut off the chocolate and she got into eating the pumpkin seeds we had roasted.

Just as she was getting ready for bed, she said, "Oh, I can't wait for next Halloween!" Too funny. Forget Christmas, forget her birthday, she's already counting down the days for next Halloween!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3226552;
    My granddaughter, 5, came up here to go trick-or-treating. She had been here most of the day. We saved the carving of the pumpkin so that she could do it. She was soooo excited about it being Halloween! Couldn't wait to get into her costume (Supergirl) and go trick-or-treating. She was only out about an hour/hour-and-a-half before she had hit all the houses in the neighborhood. The rest of the night she watched Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic.....all while digging into her stash of candy. We finally had to cut off the chocolate and she got into eating the pumpkin seeds we had roasted.

Just as she was getting ready for bed, she said, "Oh, I can't wait for next Halloween!" Too funny. Forget Christmas, forget her birthday, she's already counting down the days for next Halloween!
    my daughter used to be the same way when she was little. As soon as Halloween was over, she was already talking about what she was going to be for next Halloween and this went on ALL year.

Well we missed Rocky Horror. I feel asleep on the sofa during the live Ghost Hunters show and since hubby wasn't all that keen on going, he didn't wake me up.

Happy Halloween Everybody! Yesterday morning I got this crazy idea -(remembering my daughter's Cheerleader uniform from Middle School 2001)... I thought, If I can get my butt into the uniform, "Voila" - Halloween Costume.
    I didn't plan on dressing up, but I decided to call Steve and have him over for dinner and surprise him. He loved it! We had a blast as usual!
    My daughter hates it when I borrow her clothes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Halloween candy on sale is not a good thing. I restrained myself and only bought 2 bags of candy corn and a bag of archway frosted animal crackers. Candy corn is made in Mexico, *sigh* Brachs candy isn't Brachs anymore anyway.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I thought I'd post a few pics of the house decorated for Halloween..We had about 110 kids come by....(its a tradition that I keep a running tally of how many kids visit )

The pumpkin closest to the front door on the table was a big hit with the kids. I had seen in a Better Homes & Garden book to poke holes in the pumpkin and put suckers in there for the kids to pull out for treats. The kids all loved it! I ran out of suckers so I'll have to reminder to stock up more next year!

gabriel, Target had their candy and Halloween stuff marked down to 50% off today and the only candy I bought was Twizzlers...I spent all my other money on decorations!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Very, very nice BNB.

MRD

Very Cool Bbnbama.

Loved the sucker idea. I'll have to remember that for all 8 kids I got this year.

We bought 50% off Reese's peanut butter cups yesterday. I felt like I restrained myself as there was so much more I could have bought, not to mention what I already had leftover.

+ Reply to Thread