+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the black sheep in your family?

FORT Fanatic

Who is the black sheep in your family?

I think everyone has one. Mine is my Great Aunt Ruth. Her intentions are good, but she is so critical of everyone and everything they do, that everyone has stopped talking to her. I think I was the last, and I have tried hard to keep a relationship with her, but I to have given up. When we go to dinner, she is critical of everyone in the family.

The last time I went to dinner with her, she told me that "she has nobody" and when she dies "no one is going to her funeral" (Guilt trip)

She is also the family martyr. When her brother was in a nursing home she went to visit him every single day for at least 3 hours. She kept wanting everyone to "thank her" but no one did. I think if you want to do something, do it because you want to and not because your only doing it to be "thanked" He has since passed.

She is 83 or 84 and she is set in her ways. In many ways I feel bad for her, because *literally* no one talks to her. She did tell me one telling thing when I did go to dinner with her a few months ago and that was she finds "love" through fighting.

I probably should go to dinner and take the abuse, because she is lonely. But I am the only one willing to take it
    Last edited by jman79; 10-27-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Well, the blackest sheep in my family would probably be my Uncle Paul. Way back when, during the brief time he was gay and the much longer time he was a junkie (and owned an afghan hound and a monkey), he broke into our house and stole the money from my piggie bank, my transister radio and my copy of Alice in Wonderland. After he did some jail time for something unrelated, he brought his stripper girlfriend (an early Sunshine Girl, by the way) home to meet us. She took the 13 year old me "shopping" at the local mall and stole a fur coat while we were there. Later, after they gave their kid up for adoption and parted company, he shot his subsequent girlfriend and went on the lam. I don't know that he ever did time for that. I didn't see him again for a good ten years, but he somehow found out my whereabouts and came-a-callin' with the pet wolf he had acquired whilst working the mines somewhere in the northern territories. During that visit he had the gall to sneer at me for sounding Canadian, eh. Delightful man.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I feel like the black sheep in my family. My parents and sister don't seem to acknowledge that I'm alive unless they need someone to give them a ride to the car dealership to get their car worked on or need computer help, etc. Otherwise, I might as well be invisible.

My mother. Her entire family is very religious and she went the other way.

I love this topic! I remember going through this subject with my therapist after escaping my family. They were abusive in so many ways- I mean horrible, horribly abusive - and I somehow ended up a pascifist. When I got accepted into college, I was disowned for 'not working my way up like everyone else' AND for moving to NYC - Gemorrah as my mother and brother called it. Therefore, I am - in their minds - the blacksheep of the family, in mine - I'm the first to break a cycle of ignorance and abuse. The only family members I talk to are my paternal gradmother and Aunt, who are very sweet and tried their best.

I'd definitely have to say my aunt. She got into this family through marriage and no one likes her. She lived with her mother in law, and 3 years ago, when she passed away, everyone blamed the young'n for her death. Her mother in law didn't like her very much, but she loved her son, so she let him have her, but for the family, everyone doesnt like her.

I think that I would be the black sheep of my family....by a mile.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I am most definately the guilty party in my family. I suppose I should have gotten married and produced a grandbaby or five,(order apparently not to count), or at least spent all my spare time calling up my parents and begging them to please help me because I'm too dumb to make any decisions for myself; nah, wait, I LIKE being the square wheel.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My family has a whole herd of black sheep. Brother, one sister, a couple of uncles, cousins, aunts, assorted in-laws. Actually, some are just dysfunctional and not truly black sheep.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I feel as though I'm the black sheep in the family. The thing is, I did everything right......graduated high school, went to college, graduated college cum lade, bought a house, got married and now I'm trying to start a family. Well, my sister did everything backwards and always needs my parents to bail her out of things.....oh well, like queenb, I like being the square wheel
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast