+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Going to the gym

rt1ky - go to Amazon and see if they have the machine you're thinking of buying. If they do, click on it and read the customer comments. I did that when I wanted to get my daughter a cappucino machine for christmas but didn't want to get an expensive one. There were 3 or 4 under $50 and all but one had major complaints. The one I got had nothing but good reviews and she's still enjoying it. Also, if you have Want Ads or something similar in your area, see if you can find one second hand. A lot of people change their minds about those after getting them.
    Count your blessings!

If anyone is thinking of buying any exercise equipment, Sears has a good sale right now. We were there today and I was surprised at some prices.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks for the tips. I went ahead and bought the $80 pivot step machine. So far, so good. It has a 2 year limited warranty and no major parts that would need service. Using the resitance bands give you a whole body workout. You can feel your muscles working after only 10 minutes.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    How's that pivot machine working out for you?

I'm still going strong on my daily runs (ok, walks) on my treadmill. I only do 30 minutes a day, but I feel stronger and so I guess that's a start! I am hoping to add some classes this spring--pilates or yoga. I love mat pilates and think it will help stretch and tone my developing muscles! I used to be the little jock back in the day (when people actually said "back in the day"!) so I'm looking forward to being in shape again!

I took yoga and find it takes a lot of discipline and patience just to stand on your head.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2247854;
    How's that pivot machine working out for you?
    I love my pivot machine. It was a great investment for only $80. My backside is getting smaller and firmer and my arms are looking more toned, plus my knee doesn't hurt. Traditional step machines always hurt my knee. My friend just purchased a $400 home eliptical and put it together only to find some screws missing. She wants to send it back, but she will have to pay over $100 in postage, eventhough she is still in the 30 money back period. I took her to the store to see my pivot machine and she is thinking about getting one for herself. So far I can ony do about 10 minutes per workout before getting winded and really feeling the burn. I know I should probably work through the burn, but I don't like the burn.

I've never been brave enough to take an exercise of yoga class. I'm afraid I'll make a fool out of myself, which isn't hard to do.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    You know, the most important thing about an exercise machine is getting something you'll want to use, so I think your pivot machine was a great choice. For us, the treadmill is a good thing because the husband and I both used to run a lot and know that's something we'll use. I've had a stairmaster in the past that basically was just used for hanging clothes on! I ended up donating that to Goodwill before we got married.

Cornedbeef, I used to be quite the acrobat as a kid and can still do cartwheels and handstands/headstands. I can't do back handsprings or anything too tricky anymore though! It's actually kind of sad 'cause I used to be atheletic and then just stopped. Lazy!!

rt1ky, don't be intimidated about taking any classes. Most of the people are too busy huffing and puffing to notice anyone else!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678