+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Going to the gym

I just changed gyms after being out for seven months due to two surgeries. Besides, I got sick of my old gym...borrrrring.
    I am now on a ten day free pass. So far, I have gone to two Turbo Kick Boxing classes. Whew!!! They make me tired... which is what I wanted. I need to try a few different classes before I sign up long term.

It looks like it's going to be $36.99 a month. Maybe I can get him down to $30 when we go over the paper work next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    It looks like it's going to be $36.99 a month. Maybe I can get him down to $30 when we go over the paper work next week.
    You just might! They're pretty negotiable when they're eager to sign you!

I haven't been to the gym since my membership ran out while I was pregnant last year. There's a pretty nice gym in the community center of the neighborhood where my new house is being built. I figure I'll start going then. Lord knows, I need it!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Curves Poster child here. 3 years mid-November, 3X a week, 30 pounds, from a size 22 to a 12/14.

I couldn't be happier with it. I love that the harder you work, the more resistance you get - with the hydraulics it's pretty much impossible to outgrow (as long as the location has the machines adjusted regularly).

One of the best things about vacations is visiting other Curves locations - 2 on our road trip last week, and I'm planning another next Friday!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I used to go to the gym 3 times a week, every other day. Now my schedule is a bit crazy and I'm lucky to get there one a week. Fortunately, I do have some exercise equipment at home so I can keep up. I also like to take exercise moves that I see in informercials for exercise videos. I don't buy the videos, I just add the moves to my routine. Lately, I've been using a lot of resistance bands. The local gym I go to is small and doesn't offer any classes, so it's cheap with monthly dues. Sometimes I wish I could go to a gym that offered yoga, aerobics and other classes, but I don't want to pay the extra money if I'm not sure if my schedule will let me attend.

I'm still thinking about going to a gym or getting some kind of workout but because of my CFS and FM, it's difficult because I can't fit into regular type programs. Even their trainers don't know what to do with me. Gyms tend to be fairly expensive, at least $50 at the closest one which is in an old Safeway building .

I think I'll try and just go for more walks and do simple things at home.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I go to the YMCA - my daughter and I get our memberships free in exchange for teaching 2 swimming lessons a week. I go M/W/F in the mornings before work and do treadmill/nautilus/lap swim for a total of one hour each morning.
    Count your blessings!

I don't really like going to a gym because I spend so much time indoors anyway, that doing some exercise outdoors makes me feel better.

I walk the dog in the woods every day after work. That gets me outside, but there's really no outside equivalent to lifting weights and I do love to swim. I also do Walk Away the Pounds videos on alternate mornings from the Y.
    Count your blessings!

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    I just started going to Equinox, it is a bit pricey ($600 to join and $160 a month) but they have a large pool, and thats all that matters.
    Girls could wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, cause it's ok to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because YOU think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you, what it feels like for a girl.

I love my gym...In Shape City....I go 4 times a week. Lap swimming is my favorite but if I don't have time to change,etc then its the elipitcal and treadmill for cardio. I love the weight machines too! It cost $30 a month.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast