+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snowstorm

Snowstorm

We had a huge snowstorm here last night. It shut down all the local highways, white-out conditions, all the schools are closed today and a lot of companies are also closed..

Now, our water just went off. Apparently there's been a water main break. Of course, my wife was in the shower at the time.

Just thought I'd share. Wind chills are -8F right now, but were a lot worse last night.

The kids so miss the west side of the state, we had a mini storm here Tuesday night. 2 inches of snow that blew away, and of course school was open
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Our water finally came back on about 4:15pm. What fun. Now we're boiling all our water, like you're supposed to do for 24 hours after a main break.

We got about a foot of snow and super-high winds the other night. It's back to normal now.

Gotta love the west side of Michigan and the lake-effect snow. It's like Buffalo, without the hot wings.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Man, sorry about the water break, but cool snow! We've had so little snow here that folks are starting to save the frost when they scrape their windsheilds to prepare for the drought this summer.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    wow, stuck in the shower with no water, could be mean like me and hand her a sponge and say, rinse off with the toilet water, the dog drinks from it so it's can't be too bad.......

we finally got some snow up on the hills and rain down here, hope it softens the ground. I got broken 4x4 posts to dig out and replace from my fence getting blown down by those high winds back in Dec.

FORT Fanatic
    No snow here, but I many not have school tomorrow. We were informed that someone in my school has spinal meningitis. And all I know that he is the same year as me, but not to be worried. Its the top story on the news here.

This has nothing to do with this post, but i thought i'd post it anyways.

http://www.wmbd.com/news/default.asp...hownews&id=862
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

+ Reply to Thread