+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4686878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

FORT Fogey

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

The tenant who smokes has a screen door so that she can keep her front door open and get fresh air.... but, if she so concerned with fresh air why does she smoke? Also, they installed new heaters today. They were working on several units at the same time. I stood outside my front door to avoid the dust. I could see into the apartment of the tenant next door, since her front door was wide open. She has floor-to-ceiling shelves along two walls. (She might have floor-to-ceiling shelves along all four living room walls, but I could just see two walls. One wall actually has two rows of floor-to-ceiling shelves. She has visible piles of paper, and must have more paper in her many boxes.

FORT Fogey

There is another smoker. He smoked while standing in a parking space in the parking lot. The female smoker who keeps her front door open for fresh air might have a hard time breathing. She could possibly have emphysema or lung cancer. (On a recent episode of NY Med, a longtime smoker who had a hard time breathing found out that he has lung cancer).

FORT Fogey

While the landlord went on a vacation, the boyfriend of the tenant who used to smoke on the stairs, smoked right outside the front door of their apartment. I mentioned that to the landlord. (Tenants are supposed to smoke in the parking lot).

I met my neighbor in the elevator last night and he just sent me two bottles of beer that was in his delivery. So nice! He's an opera singer.
    Punkin likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We've just moved. My closest neighbor is a lovely young woman who is a senior flight attendant for Southwest Airlines (my favorite carrier). So far, I've met her friend, her sister, and her father, and they all seem like really nice people. She loves that I told her, "I'm retired and home a lot. If you need something, knock on the door. If I'm home and can help, I will." She now introduces us as her "SWEET" neighbors.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Punkin

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I met my neighbor in the elevator last night and he just sent me two bottles of beer that was in his delivery. So nice! He's an opera singer.
    Nice is nice. But is he single and is he cute?
    CantGetNuf, Kip, beerbelly and 2 others like this.

I get along with everyone in the apartment building pretty much but the neighbors on the top floor make too much noise sometimes, especially when those bratty kids run down the stairs like a chicken that just had its head chopped off. They dont live directly above me but I can hear them sometimes when Im in my living room. They must think because we live way back in the woods they can make all of the noise they want. They better quiet down soon or Ill report them to the rental office
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Nice is nice. But is he single and is he cute?
    LOL! No, of course not. He did sign his name...and his wife's. So he is a stand up married man just being a good neighbor. I sent a thank you note. Attached to a Brazilian Flag.
    Punkin likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

A tenant in my apartment building always smokes in the parking lot around her three-year-old son. I noticed that her car has a sign on the rear window that says "baby on board." She expects others to be extra careful because of her son, but she isn't, (because of her smoking).

One of my neighbors - several "doors" down - is a big property owned by a church. Normally, there's not a peep from them, but for the last few months there's been a lot of construction going on - they have a lot of land surrounding the actual church complex. ALL DAY LONG, I can hear this low, pulsing hum from the construction vehicles and the "beep, beep, beep" they make. I feel like I'm slowly going insane....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread