+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

How fortunate! My mom has a wonderful neighbor that comes over every snow to plow her driveway. This most recent snow, my mom called for a plow to do both her and the neighbor's driveway as part of a thanks.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Today - February 7th - is (believe it or not):

Wave ALL Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day.

I guess I can do this once a year!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Today - February 7th - is (believe it or not):

Wave ALL Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day.

I guess I can do this once a year!!
    Can I wave them one at a time?
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Can I wave them one at a time?
    HA! hahahahahahahaha!
    Count your blessings!

Now that the weather is getting warmer and I can leave windows and doors open, I am SICK TO DEATH of smelling cigarette smoke and hearing hacking and coughing (and spitting ) from too many of my freaking neighbors. It's disgusting.

I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to leave the windows and doors open to get some fresh air and a nice breeze through the house. Lately, that breeze is full of cigarette smoke. I've asked one of them if he could NOT smoke right in front of my house and he did move, but it's not helping all that much.

The hacking, coughing and spitting adds a lovely ambiance.
    Ellen and cablejockey like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How horrible. The smoke is bad enough but the hacking and spitting would make me .

I don't like it when I go to a store and people, sometimes employees, are standing right outside the door smoking. I wish they would move down the walk. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and avoid it whenever I can.
    Ellen and AmyKay like this.

Don't get me started. Some people have no clue on how to be a considerate neighbor. It's almost like they enjoy being a pain in the asp.
    Ellen and cablejockey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    How horrible. The smoke is bad enough but the hacking and spitting would make me .

I don't like it when I go to a store and people, sometimes employees, are standing right outside the door smoking. I wish they would move down the walk. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and avoid it whenever I can.
    I forgot to mention that the hacking and spitting is a young woman. So pretty and feminine, right? I wonder if she realizes how disgusting that sounds to other people.

I worked at an office that, in theory, had a designated smoking area, which was away from the building. In reality, there was an ash tray (one of those concrete trashcan-sized ones) right outside the back door to the office. Smokers would smoke all the way up to the back door, inhale one last time and then blow the smoke out right as they were walking through the door.

I didn't used to think I was allergic to cigarette smoke, but within two days of being able to open the windows and the front door this year, my throat started getting "froggy."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Belmont, a small upscale town on the SF Peninsula, has a ban on smoking in any multi-unit building with apartments sharing a wall, ceiling or floor with another apartment (or condo). It's an interesting story how several residents of a government subsidized senior complex were able to convince the Town Council to bring about this ban. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/wo...6667.html?_r=0

I like ex-Mayor Bloomberg's approach in New York City, too. He's made cigarettes so expensive that it costs too much for most people to afford them. Unfortunately this has led to most cigarettes bought in the City to be black market imports from nearby states and Canada. But it does take an extra effort to purchase them this way.

Now the weather is nicer, people are out in their backyards more. And so are their stereos which they seem to feel the neighborhood should hear too! I love music, but why is it that the loudest playing stuff is so bad and something I dont even want to hear? If you tell them to lower the volume, they get all huffy or can't believe that you dont want to hear it!!!

+ Reply to Thread