+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

How sad. It's true... you don't have much control over your adult children if they don't want to listen to your advice.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Such sad news, Cootie. Did you know either the father or son well?
    Yes, we've lived there since before the young man was born. He went to my school for 6 years. He was always sweet to me. It is very sad and we are in shock.

New neighbors moving in at this very moment. The house has been empty for at least 4 months. I've gotten used to having a one-house sound buffer between me and the nearest neighbor. I guess all I can do is wait and see. I HATE making complaints to the landlord!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My neighbor likes to throw out stale bread and leftovers for the birds and squirrels. Last night I encountered a large racoon while he was dining. Google racoon roundworm. Its an ugly thing and I'm trying to come up with a way to broach the subject with her without pissing her off but she really needs to stop. It attracts feral cats, too.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I HATE making complaints to the landlord!
    As do I, especially if they don't do anything. Waste of breath and energy is all it is.

Oh, mine totally do something, but I still hate dealing with that crap.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I'm in a worse boat.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My neighbor likes to throw out stale bread and leftovers for the birds and squirrels. Last night I encountered a large racoon while he was dining. Google racoon roundworm. Its an ugly thing and I'm trying to come up with a way to broach the subject with her without pissing her off but she really needs to stop. It attracts feral cats, too.
    Raccoons are cute, but vicious. They'll harm cats and small dogs (and humans if they feel threatened). Throwing out bread and leftovers could also attract rats. Maybe buy your neighbor a bird feeder and a bag of bird seed?

Also, around here there's a big PR push to stop ALL feeding (feeders, suet, ground food) by April 1 because it attracts bears coming out of hibernation. I've seen bears at feeders and if it were happening in my front yard, I'd be afraid to leave the house.
    Count your blessings!

After another one of my neighbors used my hose without asking AND didn't put it back neatly, I finally rolled it up and put it behind the house. I only use it in the summertime and then only rarely.

I don't know why on earth people think it's acceptable to just go up to someone's house and use their hose - and I'm talking for a long time, like to wash cars - without asking. I mean, seriously, WTF? It's beyond rude. Plus, enough people have used it and haven't coiled it up the way I do, so I've driven over it umpteen times. The head is practically flat because I drove over it when I came home one night after some jerk used it and didn't put it back.

This was a good hose and the second one I've had. I finally threw out the last one because it got destroyed after I drove over it too many times when people didn't put it back. I didn't buy the one I have now, but knowing the person who gave it to me, it wasn't cheap.

I know it's not a major thing, but it bugs the hell out of me.

+ Reply to Thread