+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Public records? If he owns the house, you can complain to the Landlord about his "tenant".

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Public records? If he owns the house, you can complain to the Landlord about his "tenant".
    Unfortunately that doesn't always do any good. In many cases the landlord will merely talk to them & they will deny it all claiming you are a nosey troublemaking neighbor. Also, since it's his daughter, he could be a lot more lenient with her for fear of her moving herself & baby back into his house.
    I've seen this happen before.
    Depending on just how bad it is, your only recourse may be to call the police - repeatedly. Unfortunately that may backfire too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

After thinking about it, my only real recourse is calling the cops again if they stay loud late into the night. The homeowner used to be loud as well, just not too late. He now lives with some girlfriend about 40 minutes away. But back when I first moved in he had this crazy girlfriend and they would get into screaming fights on the lawn and she once drove her car into the garage door. After they broke up and she moved away, every once in a while I'd come home to see her waiting for him on the front porch when she was just "passing through". They are some strange people.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Same. Issues. Same. Neighbors. Still. But not as frequently. But still!

Latest example, loud banging and yelling and hammering the last two nights from 11pm to 12:30am.

I've taken to emailing the manager everytime it happens. She tells me to give weekly update, but I can't and feel like I need to email her to let her know of what happens as soon as possible, especially if it's as bad as it was tonight.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Johnny - I looked back a bit in the thread, but couldn't find if you said you live in a house or apartment. Could you get your landlord to put in soundproof windows? Are there other neighbors who are bothered?

Our relatively new neighbors (they've been here 6-8 months) are a guy in his 40's (he owns a small retail business in a town about a half hour away) and his 20-something girlfriend who works at a massage place (that maybe should have been a hint).

They rarely spend the night. This afternoon, about 3:30 when I went outside to do yardwork, I noticed the woman's car was there and and unknown other car. That car left about 4 (a man driving). 20-30 minutes later, a truck drives up, and a man (not our neighbor) goes into the house. I didn't notice when the truck left. This is a typical sort of pattern.

My husband and I separately came to the conclusion that they might be selling sexual services. They're quiet neighbors anyway! We live on a private dead-end road with only 3 houses on it. We're the middle house and they're the end house so all the traffic to and from their house goes by ours. The traffic isn't a problem, but I do notice it when I'm looking out the window over my kitchen sink or outside in the yard. I suppose she might just be giving private massages of a non-sexual nature, but it's odd that they're hardly ever here overnight.

The rent is $2300/mo and that would take a lot of massages to pay off. The guy owns a condo near the town where his business is. When they were looking at the house - we were showing it for the landlord - we asked him why he'd want to move farther away from his business. He said they wanted to live in a more rural setting. But he's hardly ever here. I'm wondering if he was looking for a discrete location for the clients to park.

I have never mentioned anything about my neighbors in this thread. The lady next door is bipolar and is a hoarder, the guy across the street has his issues, his son is bipolar and recently got a gun taken away by the police (how he was able to buy that gun is a whole other topic!). We have other neighbors with interesting stories as well. My street appears to be just a regular suburban street but for some reason we have more than the average amount of people who have trouble in mainstream society. We used to have a criminal family across the street, too. Thank goodness they left. Well, the son landed in prison after he assaulted and kidnapped a mother and her daughter. That family also harbored a fugitive who tried to run over a policeman. We try to lay low & be friendly when we see any of them.

FORT Fogey

Cootie, after reading your post, I thought of a family that lived across the street from us when I was a child. I heard that the father ended up in jail, and most, or all, of the sons ended up in juvenile hall. The family also had a daughter. As far as I know, she ended up okay. I never heard anything about any other neighbors being criminals. I grew up in a suburb.

Yikes, something is amiss across the street. This evening two police cars arrived and stayed for hours. Crime tape is around the whole house, and a van arrived and we think took away a body. It is dark, so it was hard to see what was going on. I saw one of men who lives there (the dad) late this afternoon. We have been nervous about the son since we heard last week about the gun incident. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Well, sad news on my neighbor, but I am not surprised. The son got a hold of another gun and committed suicide. The father has been pretty freaked out about how out of control the son has been, but since the son is an adult, the father did not have a lot of power to make him get help, take his meds, etc. Sorry about the downer post.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Such sad news, Cootie. Did you know either the father or son well?

+ Reply to Thread