+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

FORT Fogey

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

There were two possibilites as to who could have put the nails in my car's tires... a kind tenant who had lived there a long time, or the dentist who had just moved in.

FORT Fogey

I just ran into the tenant who used to live in the apartment below mine. She was evicted years ago for not paying the rent, and other reasons. She then was evicted from another apartment and ended up homeless. She said that she had been through some type of program at a hospital, and had just rented a loft. I wonder if she will act the same, and not pay the rent and be noisy. When she lived in the apartment below mine, she would call her sister up every day and yell for hours on the phone. She also would ALWAYS slam the front door.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

That post probably isn't one to like, but the only reason I did is because I was able to somewhat relate with you.

Speaking of that..
    I know I shouldn't, and I try not to, but I very often feel pretty anxious when I'm at home, and stressed. I worry a lot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    That post probably isn't one to like, but the only reason I did is because I was able to somewhat relate with you. Speaking of that.. I know I shouldn't, and I try not to, but I very often feel pretty anxious when I'm at home, and stressed. I worry a lot.
    I appreciate the like, Johnny. Are you still living in the same place? Have you complained to your apartment manager about the noisy tenant in your building... or maybe even considered moving... although from what I've experienced, quiet neighbors are rare. When the noisy tenant lived in the apartment below mine, I considered moving, and I looked at several places. One of the places that I looked at was a townhome, which was owned by a woman who didn't seem to be capable of figuring out how to go about doing repairs. The owner told me that she had to order a new part for the refigerator, and the ceiling had a leak. She seemed to be asking me for help in fixing her property. I was under a lot of stress dealing with the noisy tenant, and I didn't have the energy to help the owner do repairs. Also, when the noisy tenant lived in the apartment below mine, the manager suggested that I move into a different apartment in the complex. As soon as I walked in to that apartment, I could smell mold. There wasn't any furniture or anything else in the apartment, and I couldn't figure out where the moldy smell was coming from. I didn't move into the apartment with the moldy smell. The manager finally moved the noisy neighbor into another unit, (there was another tenant who also complained about the noisy tenant), but the noisy tenant was evicted about a month later. The noisy tenant briefly lived in someone's home rent-free, but was kicked out.

I am happy to say that my annoying neighbors of the fast couple years, are selling and hopefully will be gone by the end of the year! Its funny how some people can seem so pleasant when you first meet them, but oh boy does that change when you live beside them any length of time!!
    inthegarden likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Wow! I am thankful for my neighbors! On one side is a retired couple who are always in their yard and have their grandchildren almost every day. The grandchildren will play with airsoft guns and the plastic bb's will hit our house, but it doesn't bother us because we have sons. I think if you have sons, you are not easily rattled. lol! The couple is sweet, and so are the grandkids too - they just want to play. The lady has cancer, so I'm nervous for her because she doesn't look good. We try to do what we can to help them.
    On the other side is an older couple too. He is always hanging out in his driveway, but is very nice and friendly. The most awesome thing about them is that the husband played the drums, which means he doesn't mind if our sons play music. I don't let them play early in the morning or late at night, though. And, we bring treats to our neighbors and try to keep good relationships with them.

But, if you want to hear about a neighbor from hell!! One of my family members IS a neighbor from hell. He lives in a condo, in an upstairs unit, with 2 small dogs. His dogs are barkers - 24/7, and not housebroken. He doesn't walk them, so they have to go to the bathroom on his patio. The guys who lives under his patio has a beautiful patio, all screened in with patio furniture and a bbq. So, the dog urine is dripping down onto his screen, and he has giant urine stains that smell. So, he complains, and my family member decides to "fix it" by lining his upstairs patio with kitty litter, to trap the urine. So, now kitty litter is flying all over this guy's patio, and the urine and feces still fall down there - with clumps of kitty litter now. Also, since my family member wants his dogs to use the patio to relieve themselves, he leaves his door open at all times. Well, the dogs stand on the patio and bark continuously, day and night. Noone around them has any peace, so people started complaining about the barking. My family member "fixes it" by screaming at the dogs whenever they bark - which is constantly. The HOA has now started fining him, but he fights with them and refuses to pay. They have just called a meeting to discuss his situation. I feel bad for these neighbors! What a nightmare!

We've had a bunch of move outs on the property, which means that we're all holding our breath about who'll move in. One empty unit is right next door to me, so it makes a HUGE difference in my life. We're such a small (10 units, including the currently empty manager's unit), quiet group that, if someone showed up wanting to party every night, they wouldn't last long.

cablejockey - the very reason I don't get overly friendly with my neighbors is because then I don't feel bad about calling the landlord on them! Much harder to "narc" on a friend.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Moving right now for us is not really realistic, sadly. I would love our own house with a backyard and everything.

The area we are in though is amazing. Everything is nearby. The house itself, not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    . I feel bad for these neighbors! What a nightmare!
    I feel bad for those poor dogs.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love my neighbor dearly and we're good friends, but I'm a bit miffed right now. I take care of her cats when her family goes on vacation and she always asks me in advance. Last Friday, she called me, informed me they were leaving for a cruise on Saturday and told me she'd drop the new house key off to me in a bit. What? Didn't ask, no advanced warning...she just assumed it was fine. Which honestly, last week was a busy one for me and I had to scramble to find time to get over there and take care of everything. I clean their dishes everyday and tend to the litter box, plus take care of her outdoor cat which has to be locked in the garage every night to keep the raccoons from fighting with her. So I had to trudge out at 11 pm every night with a flashlight and a broom (in case I ran into a raccoon) to lock her in. I didn't even make it over there on Saturday because we were out of town at a family wedding. Luckily, that's the day she came home, so the kitties didn't go without food (plus, I overfilled their bowls JIC). I guess I'm just mad that she didn't ask, just assumed I'd be free to do it.
    cablejockey likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread