+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I turned around and we chatted, and Delilah was with him but she looked terrible. The neighbor was very sad and upset, and he informed me that heíd be putting Delilah to sleep within a few days, because her healthís failed so much. He explained all thatís been wrong with his dogís health and Iíll spare you, but it seems like putting that old girl down is the right thing to do.

Iím posting all this because my heart is just breaking for this poor guy, Ďcause he loves this old dog so much and because both he and his Pomeranian-eating dog have become very good friends to me in the years since we met under less-than-desirable circumstances.

We both cried out there on the sidewalk the other night, and I asked him if heíd like some photos of him with Delilah while we still have the chance to take them, but he declined my offer.

I havenít spoken to him since Sunday, and I havenít seen him this week on my walks past the house, and my heart just breaks for the guy because Iím sure heís put his dog down by now.

Iíll be the best friend to him that I can be, but itís so hard when people lose their beloved pets, and itís terribly hard to watch that, too.

I feel terrible for the guy because he doesnít have a computer and he doesnít have the support of the FORT, like I have had when Iíve lost my beloved pets. He also doesnít have another pet to keep him company while he grieves the loss of his old pal, and that breaks my heart.

Iím so sad for the guy, and over the next few weeks Iíll share my German Shepherd (and Pomeranian) rescue information with him, Ďcause I have a bunch of it in my files. I do believe heíll reach a point where he can open up his heart again.

In the meanwhile, though, heíll suffer, because he had only one dog and he lives alone.

We never would have met if old Delilah didnít have an appetite for little dogs, and this guyís become one of my best friends in this neighborhood. Iím just heartbroken for this neighbor, and I wish I could help get through this awful transition.
    Pom...this post had me sitting here at my computer . I have to ask-how is this guy now? You posted this in January and I was wondering how he was........bless his heart....been there, done that and it is absolutely heartbreaking and painful to do that and go thru that. I'm sure that the majority of us here can sympathize with him. It is a pity he doesn't have us here at the FORT to help him thru but how lucky for him that he has you for a neighbor!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by im_an_addict View Post
    my neighbour on the left was my math teacher in high school. she always used to have "gatherings" where the other teachers would come over. horror i tell you.
    Oh, dear. That would have been a bit of a nightmare!

Poor Leo!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

We live in a fairly quiet middle class suburban neighborhood. Unfortunately the couples in the two houses to our left both have recently (past couple of years) gone through divorces and not been able to keep up with the mortgage payments.

Far left house was the first auctioned off by the sheriff and someone has apparently bought it and is working on it feverishly. It had been deteriorating for years before the divorce and needed a lot of work. The funny part was when the front steps (concrete stoop with two steps) was cracked. They tore it out and we figured it would be replaced quickly. Wrong!!! It was without front steps for about three years. One day, while they were still living there, I saw a police car pull up in the driveway. (They had teenage sons who weren't the model of behavior.) I about died laughing at the expression on their faces when they got to where the steps should have been.

The house just to the left of us was recently sold at auction, but she and the kids haven't been told when they have to be out. It will need some work too, but more cosmetic, not structural. And the yard is a mess!!! She would frequently grow what she called "an Ohio native species garden". Weeds!!!! A flower bed adjacent to our lawn has been infested with Canadian thistle for several years. We've done more work on it than them!!! The back yard wasn't mowed after about Labor Day last year and we kept mowing ours until almost Thanksgiving. The leaves in the back yard weren't raked either and they have two big dogs so there are probably messes all over.

The couple to the right are quiet and keep their yard neat. The house behind us was owned by an older couple who moved into a smaller condo last year. It was bought by a middle aged man who recently went through a divorce. He has two boys younger than my kids that are over occasionally. We really haven't met them as he moved in the late fall.

The couple across the street are friendly and have kids about the same as ours. And an older, juvenile delinquent son. My husband was locking up one night a couple of years ago, when he noticed three police cars across the street. Our inside lights were off so we watched until they left, with 15 year old in handcuffs!!! Reading the police report, we saw that they had been called to "domestic violence". I never heard who he went after, but they must have shipped him off to military reform school. He is home only occasionally, with a buzz cut. I think he'd be graduating this year if he'd stayed here.

The only other problem I have in our neighborhood is noisy vehicles. Kitty-corner behind us is a college aged kid who lives with his parents. His truck needs a muffler job, and he comes and goes at odd hours.

The worst noise offender is the mystery motorcyclist. Mystery because I'm not getting up at 5 in the morning to see where he lives. Now that the weather is nice (and gas prices are high), he/she/it must be driving it to an early first shift job. If he/she/it would just start it up and leave, it wouldn't be a problem, but they let it idle for at few minutes first. This morning I was first aware of it at 5:08!!!! He finally drove off at 5:11. Our town has an excessive noise ordinance, especially between 9pm and 7am, so I'm thinking of reporting him. I guess I'll have to figure out where he lives.

I have great neighbors. They're all very quiet, and never home!

I had an elderly couple on my right but his wife died, and then he had an operation and is now living with his Son and family. The house was empty for a couple of years. It had regular snow and grass maintenance and they dropped by a lot. But Gracie and Tootles got used to visiting their yard often. He's now rented it for a year to another olderly couple who are rarely seen.

I have a sister and brother on my left. They are great. Farm kids who have worked hard to spiff up the place and keep it nice. But they go away and to the farm often and are very quiet.

Behind and in front of me are divorced families who come and go or busy people who don't entertain. They always seem to go out.

So it's a very quiet neighborhood. Which is nice because then I heard the birds sing all the time.

I do feel for those who have neighbors who don't get along. Here is a not-so-subtle pic of what might just get the message across.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Lmao!!! How direct and concise.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I have great neighbors. They're all very quiet, and never home!

I had an elderly couple on my right but his wife died, and then he had an operation and is now living with his Son and family......He's now rented it for a year to another olderly couple who are rarely seen.
    As someone entering her 40's in just a couple of short years, I wanted to know what's the age difference between olderly and elderly?

My son has a new neighbor and I thought that you all might like to hear aout her.

She came over to his house the other day and asked me when he would be home. She needed to talk to him because she had bought a storage shed and there wasn't room on the other side of her house to take it in the backyard. They were going to need to take it up HIS driveway, and HIS fence would need to come down before they got there. She figured that HE could do that the day before the shed is delivered, and then put it back up the next.

Big problems there, but the main one is (other than the fact that HE isn't going to do it) that his old dog lives in the backyard and would have to be tied up for a couple of days. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    My son has a new neighbor and I thought that you all might like to hear aout her.

She came over to his house the other day and asked me when he would be home. She needed to talk to him because she had bought a storage shed and there wasn't room on the other side of her house to take it in the backyard. They were going to need to take it up HIS driveway, and HIS fence would need to come down before they got there. She figured that HE could do that the day before the shed is delivered, and then put it back up the next.

Big problems there, but the main one is (other than the fact that HE isn't going to do it) that his old dog lives in the backyard and would have to be tied up for a couple of days. No way.
    Oh PUHLEEZE! I hope he doesn't do it.

Isn't that a terrible way to get to know your neighbor? No, he definitely isn't going to do it, nor is he going to let anyone else. It was presumptious of her to buy the shed without getting her arrangements made. She should have asked and then would have known that it wasn't going to happen. Her neighbor on the other side declined the demand, too. She hit him up first, my son found out.

Sounds like a real piece of work, Muduh.

I have some great neighbors here. Of course we live out in the country, so on one side we have a corn field. Very quiet. ha ha. On the other we have a late 40's bacholar and his dog. great guy, quiet, friendly, helpful. Also our dogs are great friends. What more can you ask for. Across the street is a alfalfa field, also very quiet. We have two more close neighbors. The first is a brother and sister. Young , so far no parties but time will tell. Second we have a young family with a 6 yr old and a 2 yr old. They were a little loud when they first moved in and not overly friendly. Now they wave and talk to everyone and their 6yr boy plays with my 7yr girl. They were shy I think when they first moved in. Now they realize that we kind of have to stick together. All the other neighbors are so far away, that in a emergency, we only have each other. The bacholor neighbor caught their 2yr old from getting in the road the other day. So thank God for good neighbors.

+ Reply to Thread