+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Apropos of this thread, I just went to get the mail and saw my new neighbor, two doors down (rental property). He's out in his driveway with a couple of gals dressed as Playboy bunnies. That's either one very odd interpretation of Easter or I've got another nutbag on the street.
    cablejockey and norealityhere like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm waiting for the day we get to have our own house.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Apropos of this thread, I just went to get the mail and saw my new neighbor, two doors down (rental property). He's out in his driveway with a couple of gals dressed as Playboy bunnies. That's either one very odd interpretation of Easter or I've got another nutbag on the street.
    So, you live on the same street as the Playboy mansion? Your neighbor wasn't wearing a bathrobe and a captain's hat, was he?
    cablejockey likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I could move, but I'm not sure it's worth the financial loss and uncertainty. My next purchase, though, will definitely be a single-family house!
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

When I lived in a little house, I had a neighbor who put the speakers from his stereo on the walkway of his second floor apartment. He blasted the stereo. When I talked to his apartment manager, she told me that she was afraid of him. When I lived in that same place, I had another neighbor who drove a pet ambulance who kept three large dogs penned in the backyard. The dogs barked all day and all night. When I lived in another place, I had an upstairs neighbor who was a dentist who once staggered around drunk with his girlfriend in the backyard. They knocked over the fence and told the owner that the wind blew the fence over. I had a neighbor at another place who would only pay part of the rent, and borrowed money from the on site manager. She asked the manager for rides. I once loaned her money and had a hard time trying to get her to repay me. I once gave her a ride, and after that, she kept knocking on my front door asking for more rides. She told me that she got arrested for shoplifting at Safeway. She called her sister up late at night every night and yelled at her. She would then slam a kitchen drawer over and over early every morning until I woke up. Her boyfriend moved in with her. He made flutes. He didn't play tunes on the flute: he just played one note over and over. Finally the tenant and her boyfriend had a screaming match through their front door. He ran away and never came back. When I complained ot the manager about the tenant screaming, the drawer slamming, and the flute... the manager said that it was part of apartment living, and wouldn't do anything to help me. All that the manger was capable of doing was cleaning units... she had no aptitude or skill at dealing with tenants. It took the manager about five or six months to evict that tenant for nonpayment of rent. I then ran in to the former tenant on a local train. She was homeless. She told me that she had been kicked out of another apartment, probably for nonpayment of rent... although she claimed it was because the manager didn't like her. Once when I was riding the train, a women on the train said that she would let the homeless woman live in her house rent free, since she had a big house. The homeless woman also happened to be on the train at the same time. A couple of months later I saw the women and I asked her about the house that I thought she was living in. She told me that she was homeless again. I don't know why someone would ask her to move in with them, then kick her out. There also was a tenant at that place who had an expensive car with a broken alarm, which went off at about 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 every morning. The tenant kept that car parked close to the manager's apartment, which was also close to my apartment. The manager babysat that car. When I told the manager that the car alarm kept waking me up, the manager denied it.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 04-07-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    So, you live on the same street as the Playboy mansion? Your neighbor wasn't wearing a bathrobe and a captain's hat, was he?
    Haha! Thankfully no bathrobe. But the party went on until a bit past 10 with music blaring, but it is Saturday. I'm hoping this is a housewarming crawfish boil one-off party, but we have issues with the renters on our street, like the college kids who thought it wise to smoke pot and leave the front door wide open and let it waft into the street. Walking the dog sure does turn up some interesting neighbor behavior. My next door neighbor abandoned his house about 3 years ago and his 18 year old daughter and her boyfriend have moved in. Even though they're young, they're quiet and keep the yard up, so at least they're cool.
    cablejockey likes this.

Listening to some of these stories makes me wish you all lived next door to Dexter Morgan!!
    Ellen likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Wowza! Candor, that situation sucks. I'd be searching online to find solutions to that situation. That would drive me nuts. How can they justify entering your unit at all? Is it at all possible to get a trespassing notice against them?

My parents have been living in their townhome for almost 30 years and so have many of their neighbours. Yeah, they are all getting a little cranky in their older years. They look after a dog for maybe 3 weeks out of the year. In the wintertime they let the dog go out for his "business" The dog isn't pooping in any one else's yard, but in my parents yard. Seems the neighbours are expecting them to follow the dog with a bag and catch "it" at the time. They might not get to pick it up out of their yard for 30 minutes and have received 3 notices now from the corporation. FFS! It's in THEIR yard, not the neighbours.

Bachelorwatcher, whew! Another one who has bad neighbours. Glad it's not just me. I feel better now.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

They had another big fight yesterday for a while. We did nothing.

Tonight, again. Started at around 9 pm and lasted about an hour and a half before I finally banged. Almost immediately, things seemed to get quieter. Not sure why. If they do call whoever they said they were going to, let them. I know what I'll say (if they even bother to come out in such a situation). Crazy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Bachelorwatcher, whew! Another one who has bad neighbours. Glad it's not just me. I feel better now.
    The neighbors that I have now are quiet. I thought I'd write a post about the neighbors that I used to have. The tenant who used to live in the apartment below mine now spends her days riding the train. She says that she sleeps on the front lawn of a church. She's been homeless for about 7 years.

+ Reply to Thread