+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

dear daughter(s). They have to put up with them and their BS all week, every day except Sunday. So Sunday, for them its payback I would join in as well.Talking to the imbeciles does nothing

You answered the post before and said it sounded familiar.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    dear daughter(s). They have to put up with them and their BS all week, every day except Sunday. So Sunday, for them its payback I would join in as well.Talking to the imbeciles does nothing

You answered the post before and said it sounded familiar.
    Ah, I see. You can just imagine all the things one can come up with for "dd".

I totally did not get what you were talking about. At first I imagined some poor old religious folks who just wanted a quiet Sunday... "day of rest" is a common term for Sundays for older Christians.
    What you meant by day of rest was a day off from partying... in that case, payback makes sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Ah, I see. You can just imagine all the things one can come up with for "dd".

I totally did not get what you were talking about. At first I imagined some poor old religious folks who just wanted a quiet Sunday... "day of rest" is a common term for Sundays for older Christians.
    What you meant by day of rest was a day off from partying... in that case, payback makes sense!!
    LOL Oh good! I like all the things I can come up with when asked what DH stands for . Sorry, I was just being lazy with the DD.

FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Based on stories I've heard, I think you'll be in for a rude awakening.

My first upstairs neighbor years ago was a student at the fire academy, so he always came home late at night and wore these huge boots. He couldn't have been quiet if he tried. I didn't really mind though because he was so nice.

The little community I live in now is so small - only 9 tenants and an onsite manager - and many of us have been here a long time, so whenever a unit opens up, I think we all hold our breath!
    What? What have you heard? Don't ruin this dream of mine, Critical! LOL I realize that apartment living has it's moments, it's not like you are living in the country, no one around for miles. I can accept that. I'm hoping that seniors aren't going to bring drunk men home from the bar, fight or blare music at 2 a.m. But maybe today's seniors are a little more umm, progressive? haha

As for that noisy firefighter? I wouldn't mind either especially if he's nice. (was he hot too?)
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    What? What have you heard? Don't ruin this dream of mine, Critical! LOL I realize that apartment living has it's moments, it's not like you are living in the country, no one around for miles. I can accept that. I'm hoping that seniors aren't going to bring drunk men home from the bar, fight or blare music at 2 a.m. But maybe today's seniors are a little more umm, progressive? haha

As for that noisy firefighter? I wouldn't mind either especially if he's nice. (was he hot too?)
    Yep! He was a cutie pie. Played his music too loud, but I didn't really mind since we had the same taste in music.

I've heard lots of stories about retirement communities/homes and they're often a hotbed of gossip and meddling. Plus, the people I know who've lived in senior living situations get bored because (and this is a quote) "it's nothing but old people!"

One of my neighbors - the one who uses my water, actually - is moving. Now we all hold our breath to see who moves in. I always pray for deaf nuns with no friends or family!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had the skeeziest neighbors on one side of me before and then suddenly they left town and started renting out the house. I'm convinced the first renters were dealers which was pretty much the same as it was before. Second set I'm convinced were put there for witness protection. They just didn't fit in at all and then they vanished one day and now I have tehse people there with these two jack russell terriers which they have left out a couple of times all day. Those stupid dogs literally barked straight one day for 9 hours. The idiot came home told them to shut up and went to bed leaving them barking. I was so mad and had a migraine that at some point I leaned out the door and told htme to shut up. There is another perosn who lives there who drives semi and will park that thing unloaded in front of our houses for 3-4 days at a crack and leave it running. It is maddening.

My other neighbor is great. She dated a loser for a heart beat but now is single again and i enjoy her and her kid.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Yep! He was a cutie pie. Played his music too loud, but I didn't really mind since we had the same taste in music.

I've heard lots of stories about retirement communities/homes and they're often a hotbed of gossip and meddling. Plus, the people I know who've lived in senior living situations get bored because (and this is a quote) "it's nothing but old people!"

One of my neighbors - the one who uses my water, actually - is moving. Now we all hold our breath to see who moves in. I always pray for deaf nuns with no friends or family!
    Gossip I can handle, the meddling would drive me nuts. My grandma was quite the hermit and she HATED the quiet whispers when she walked by. I tried to tell her that they don't have anything or anyone to talk to and that's why they talk about you, grandma, you have people that actually come visit you. People will talk about you no matter what you do. I'm naughty/evil enough to purposely give those seniors things to talk about!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Ah, be careful what you wish for. The sisters, (friends or not) will still come by, and when they do, they'll all be YELLING so the deaf nun can hear them. Those are conversations that I'm not sure that you want to eavesdrop on. :p

I live in a 13-unit condo complex and my neighbors are also on the board of the homeowners association. The president and secretary (husband and wife) act like my landlords! Constantly intruding and scolding. They've claimed my downstairs patio as "common area," which means they can go in and use the hose as they wish and I can't close it off for my dogs. They've yelled at my visitors for the way they park, and they go inside my unit when I'm not home. (First clue: I came home to find a light I never use had been turned on downstairs.) To make matters worse, they used to work for a remodeler's association, so any improvements I make to this 40-year-old condo get extra scrutiny. My lady drywaller said she was using the downstairs bathroom when she heard someone upstairs in the living room. It was my neighbor, the HOA secretary, who just walked in my unit and demanded to see the drywaller's license!

This is the same woman who once called me at work to tell me that rain was coming and my window was open, "and if there's damage ..." It was more of a threat than a friendly gesture. She said the HOA had my key so she'd close it for me. I said I'd be right there. When I got home there was a car in my driveway. It was the former owner who had lost the unit in foreclosure and who was good friends with the HOA secretary. Then it hit me. Closing the window was just an excuse to get inside the unit so she could show the old owner how it looked.

I wrote a long letter of complaint saying that as long as I was abiding by the association's bylaws I should be able to live in peace without constant policing and intrusion. So my neighbors stopped speaking to me (thank God), but then I began to remodel my bathroom and it all started up again, only this time they were badgering my contractors. Every day, another complaint. One let the water from the tile cutter stream down the driveway; another left my screen door banging in the wind. They wanted my main contractor to park up the street and lug his equipment down the hill because his truck was "too big" for our parking lot; they sent a nasty email to my general contractor demanding copies of the permits. Thank goodness my general contractor has the patience of a saint because her subs were so sick of being harassed they threatened to walk off the job. She said she'd been a GC for 25 years and had never dealt with an HOA this bad.

The only thing that works is when I fight back, then they back down for awhile. I'm certain that I'm now viewed as the complex bitch, but that's still better than being their bitch.

Candor: Is there any way you can move? YOur situation with these self appointed kings of the condo would drive me crazy! Trespass, violating expected privacy and harrassment--its all so wrong.
    Maybe you can go over their heads, force a vote of some kind and get rid of them? Something needs to happen. What especially annoys me is that you cant use YOUR patio as you choose.

+ Reply to Thread