+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Our neighbors have a friend who rescues animals for a wild life preserve. I just pet an 11 month old kangaroo......yes, a kangaroo!! He is so cute!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Our neighbors argue a lot. We live in an apartment complex so we hear most of it. It's quite annoying, sometimes it happens late at night and lasts a while.

I live in a 3 floor apartment building, and I have the apartment in the middle. Last night around 7:30pm someone started playing Amazing Grace on the BAGPIPES. My dogs must have thought it was some sort of animal and started "singing" along. It was really funny! I think it must have been someone visiting my neighbor, because they have lived here for 2 months and I've never heard bagpipes before.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK;4074836;
    Our neighbors argue a lot. We live in an apartment complex so we hear most of it. It's quite annoying, sometimes it happens late at night and lasts a while.
    Ugh. I went thru that about 10 - 15 yrs ago. The quality of people in the apt bldg went down (don't mean to sound snotty). Suddenly there was high turnover, fighting couples, and even some police calls. That's the pits; I finally moved.

I went to the end of the driveway just now to get my mail and the people with the whacky birdhouse display at the end of their driveway were out on their deck. I waved and went over and introduced myself and asked about them. Only the woman came over and she never did tell me her name. Friendly enough, but hello? Trying to get to know you!
    Count your blessings!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Media, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is my town. The "Armory" pictured in the link is now a Trader Joe's. It's a small town (under 6,000) and dubs itself "Everyone's Home Town." We moved here from New Orleans after Katrina. We bought a Craftsman era row home situated on a corner one block down from the courthouse, and we know virtually everyone in on our street and the surrounding 4 blocks square.

I think this is because it's a pedestrian town. Everything (include diversified fine dining) is within walking distance. From the train station you can go anywhere in the world, thanks to the rail spur to the airport and the Amtrak station in Philadelphia. No leeway's afforded to motorists (parking is a chore), and you see everyone here out and about while you're running errands. The population here is diverse in terms of race and age, and we really love it. We have interesting neighbors, and many of them are outgoing and caring folks. We do block parties in the summer.

I frequently pet sit for my neighbors and they do the same for us. We are delighted with them, and with this town.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Poppy Fields -- sounds like a great little town, especially if you have Trader Joe's!! Enjoy it.

My son lives in Kennett Square and they are within walking distance of all the little shops and restaurants, too.

Oh man! This thread really caught my eye. I've been living in my place for 3 years now. It's a duplex so I live in half of the basement (separate everything). For the first two years 3 university-aged people lived upstairs. It wasn't too bad, though they had a penchant for being really loud in the bedroom and never left me room to park! This year though, a family of 7 have moved in and the two teenage boys have the other half of the basement. Since the end of August when they moved in the smoke detector has gone off 7 times, the boys swear up a blue streak when they're playing their video games (and sometimes when they're not), the younger kids like to run around, and generally there is no sleeping in to speak of. At least I have a consistent parking spot? I'm trying not to be too annoyed, but my patience is wearing thin. I've spoken to the landlord in passing, but if it doesn't get any better I'll be making my concerns known. I'm just horrible at confrontations.

Yuck! I don't know what the landlord can do. With that many kids, there's going to be noise and movement. Can you afford to move?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

We've lived in our house 33 years. On one side, we are dealing with a single mom and one son around 22 and the other around 7 or 8. The older son mows the lawn when he gets around to it and usually only does the front. There is no trimming done at all. The rear patio is a collection of dead plants, a bicycle, various grilling paraphernalia, and G-d only knows what else. Her pine tree is so huge that some of the branches are 6 inches from my bedroom window. When the wind took out some very large branches and they fell in our yard, we sawed them up and took care of disposing of them. The younger son sees no problem in riding his bicycle across my lawn on his way to a house across the street from me. The place reminds me of living in a third-world country.

On the other side of us are really nice neighbors, but a couple of years ago they spent a fortune on landscaping, and now all the landscaped areas are covered with tall weeds.

We take care of our yard and have a company which mows, trims, mulches, etc. etc. In between, I go out and pick up branches which have fallen down, etc. and try to make the yard a pleasant place to view.

We have covenants in this town which state you must keep your lawn mowed and your property neat. I cannot complain to the Resident Architectural Committee since both neighbors would know who complained.

Anybody got some workable ideas? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread