+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

YES! Tell us!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm too tired to write it out now but maybe tomorrow. Will be good to get it out of my system and maybe some of you will have helpful suggestions.

What a great place FORT is. Don't know how I found it but I am so glad I did.

Anxious to hear about it Columbia, MD! by the way, where in Maryland is Columbia? My BF is from Bel Air, MD.

FORT Fogey

PGM -- Columbia is a planned community not too far from the intersection of I-95 and MD Rte 175. We're about 15 miles south of Baltimore and 20+ miles north of Washington, DC. Great place to live - you can live here from womb to tomb, so to speak. We have tons of shopping, culture, hospital, and a community college. See: Columbia, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bel Air is in the next county up, I believe (Harford).

My neighbor greeted me when I got home from work yesterday. We talked a while. I had met her a few weeks ago - delightful older woman, glowing and cheerful. Turns out I had 3 of her grandchildren in school and her daughter-in-law was my daughter's girl scout leader. The house I live in is where her grandparents lived, so she's spent a lot of time in it and told me how it's changed over the years... what's been built on. The back room in my avatar used to be a porch. I look forward to getting to know her better.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter -- how lucky you are to have met such a nice neighbor!!!

Be sure to ask her about the speakeasy!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

We've got 3 neighbors (there are only four houses on our semi-rural road). One is a single woman in her 50s; keeps goats; goes to school and works. Very nice, but with her schedule we don't see her much. Another neighbor is in his 60s. We see him once or twice a week. My husband helps him with projects; he helps us (I think we get more help from him because he's a retired contractor and knows how to do more stuff and has more tools.) They travel a fair bit and we watch their place while they're away (water, take in mail, etc.).

Neighbor #3 is kind of a charlatan therapist. She doesn't have a degree in anything, but has clients, takes them through past lives, thinks nearly everyone was abused as a child, etc. She has a giant punching bag out on her back porch and sometimes takes clients out there and has them scream and whack the punching bag with a baseball bat. That can get really annoying. She told neighbor #2 that we spy on her. Ha! She's very overweight and has back troubles and walks to her car with crutches. One day I was outside and heard yelling. She had fallen by her car and couldn't get up. I helped her up and inside her house. Maybe that's what she considers spying. She was darn lucky I happened to be outside. (It's a rental house. I wish she'd move. A very nice couple lived there before.)

I've been blessed in the neighbor department. The chief of police lives catty cornered from us, the lesbians that just bought the house across the street are really sweet and friendly. One is a teacher at my sons school. The ones next to them keep to themselves mostly. On my side of the street lives a retired couple who have their grandchildren over quite a bit. When I had my son, they brought us dinner one night. Really nice people and the family in the house next to us...well, the Missus and I have been friends since our 20 year olds were babies. We housesit for each other, grill out together (when our schedules permit) and sometimes we just sit outside on her swing and catch up on our busy lives..lol. There aren't any freaks on our block. That I know of....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

MRD

Have only met one of the children that lives next to me. She showed up on Sun., asking questions. She has the same name as the ex-friend and stalker that I had earlier this year. A fairly unusual name this day and age. And she resembled her. I almost ran screaming down the driveway!
    The other neighbor has a boat. Thinking I need to make friends with them! And it appears the neighbors across the street run a mechanics garage in their driveway on weekends. But the land behind the house is greenbelt, so no neighbors.

Tomorrow is the long hot drive with the dogs and furniture. The weather is so nice up here, hate to go back to hot humid Florida
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread