+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3888716;
    PGM35, that is so sad. Maybe he had a will and has appointed someone to look after his estate. I'm sure if there's money involved, the ex and estranged kids will show up. If not, maybe the Vietnam War Veterans will look after what needs to be done?

I know in Ontario, if you pass away intestate, without a will, the court appoints an administrator, any assets after expenses, are divided by a legal spouse and biological and adopted children. The rules are different for each province, and I imagine different for each State as well.
    His son was there last night and from what I heard from another neighbor, this morning with a cleaning crew. I can't imagine what he's going through - has to be hard for him. He spoke with my SO and said he'd be there handling things for a few days. He thanked us for being concerned and considerate neighbors.

ElizabethG and Rattas: I'm on your side! I can't do that at home-too close to the neighbors, but enjoy when on vacation. It's so freeing!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Grrrrr - why does the yah-hoo who parks next to me always open the passenger door so wide it's putting dents in my new car!! I've got to figure out a subtle way to get my point across. Does anyone have a simple, yet affective idea to get my point across? They used to park so close to my assigned parking area so close that I didn't have room to tak out the trash can. So every Thursday I had to move one of my large planters in the spot to keep them out of the way.

There are many people you don't want pissed off and you, for example: the neighbors and a secretary. Both can make your life miserable.
    Last edited by J.D.; 05-03-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3892536;
    Grrrrr - why does the yah-hoo who parks next to me always open the passenger door so wide it's putting dents in my new car!! I've got to figure out a subtle way to get my point across. Does anyone have a simple, yet affective idea to get my point across? They used to park so close to my assigned parking area so close that I didn't have room to tak out the trash can. So every Thursday I had to move one of my large planters in the spot to keep them out of the way.

There are many people you don't want pissed off and you, for example: the neighbors and a secretary. Both can make your life miserable.
    A hammer.
    Count your blessings!

Gut

JD That would annoy the heck out of me. There is one thing I can't stand, well two things, poor service, and inconsiderate people.

I would leave a note on their car, asking them politely to try and not park so close to your car, and explain that there are dents or I would talk to them face to face. If that fails, I would ask for another spot. Good luck.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3892543;
    A hammer.
    Hmmm....I have realized how handy a hammer can be in certain situations. I'll have to consider this one....

My brother was smoking a cigar on his front porch. His neighbor walked up and down her driveway, spraying air freshener
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;4071668;
    My brother was smoking a cigar on his front porch. His neighbor walked up and down her driveway, spraying air freshener
    Oh that is hilarious!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Never saw this thread before. Is this a venue to air your loves and hates about your neighbors? I hope so; sometimes I need to get it out of my system. Thanks.

Bring it Columbia, that's why it's here!

+ Reply to Thread