+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

I wonder what the odds are of both neighbors having one cat and two dachshunds? Maybe it's in the lease.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3629445;
    I wonder what the odds are of both neighbors having one cat and two dachshunds? Maybe it's in the lease.
    That would be funny now, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3629445;
    Well, actually, the old neighbours' dog was pregnant when the new neighbours bought the house, so they put down a deposit for two of the puppies as well as the downpayment. They won't be here for a couple of months, but I know and love their parents so I'm sure we'll get along just fine.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;1658664;

We don't really know our neighbors except the one to one side of us is an older man who never wears a shirt outside while doing yardwork and slurs his words each time he talks to us so I am thinking he has a drinking problem.
    I came to this thread b/c I knew I had posted about Dave and finally found it.
    Our neighbor - who had been missing for months - was found yesterday, passed away in his house. The cops had been called a few times over the last few months by us and various other neighbors and the last call was placed yesterday and the cops decided to open the door. Very sad that he died alone. He was a nice ole guy that enjoyed talking to his neighbors and having a few drinks now and then. RIP Dave.

That is sad, PGM. Hopefully he's finally at peace.

So I see that it was only last July that I posted about my new neighbours. Sadly they broke up and have sold the house (this will be the fourth new neighbour since we moved in six and a half years ago). This time it's a single woman and one small and apparently quiet dog (and a big thanks for that). We had a chat over the back fence and she seems nice, and more importantly, like the neighbours who just moved out, she is on board with putting up a good, high, solid fence between the two properties. Not that I don't enjoy an occasional conversation with a neighbour, but as far as I'm concerned, my backyard is an extension of my indoor space and I prefer not to have my privacy invaded. Plus (I think I may have mentioned it here somewhere), sometimes I just like to step outside in my underwear and bask in the sun for a minute or two before I get dressed, and no one wants to see that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3886448;
    I came to this thread b/c I knew I had posted about Dave and finally found it.
    Our neighbor - who had been missing for months - was found yesterday, passed away in his house. The cops had been called a few times over the last few months by us and various other neighbors and the last call was placed yesterday and the cops decided to open the door. Very sad that he died alone. He was a nice ole guy that enjoyed talking to his neighbors and having a few drinks now and then. RIP Dave.
    Rest In Peace Dave. Sorry to read this PGM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3887442;
    So I see that it was only last July that I posted about my new neighbours. Sadly they broke up and have sold the house (this will be the fourth new neighbour since we moved in six and a half years ago). This time it's a single woman and one small and apparently quiet dog (and a big thanks for that). We had a chat over the back fence and she seems nice, and more importantly, like the neighbours who just moved out, she is on board with putting up a good, high, solid fence between the two properties. Not that I don't enjoy an occasional conversation with a neighbour, but as far as I'm concerned, my backyard is an extension of my indoor space and I prefer not to have my privacy invaded. Plus (I think I may have mentioned it here somewhere), sometimes I just like to step outside in my underwear and bask in the sun for a minute or two before I get dressed, and no one wants to see that.
    Me too!!! I frequently go outside early on a weekend morning and all I have on is the t-shirt and undies I slept in. It's a relaxing, laid back feeling and my cats and dogs don't mind in the least. Plus, the way our property is set back from the dirt road we live on, there's very little chance of being seen by anybody but hubby, our pets, the occasional deer, chipmunk or squirrel or one of the hundreds of birds flipping around through the trees. Although one time I did surprise the meter reader dude!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3886484;
    That is sad, PGM. Hopefully he's finally at peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3887798;
    Rest In Peace Dave. Sorry to read this PGM.
    Thanks to both of you. It still gets me that we didn't do enough sooner. We should have pushed the cops to open the door sooner even though we didn't have a good reason to think he was there and not off on job interviews in another state as he had been the prior month.

Its just so sad. We are wondering all sorts of things, like, what happens next? His family was notified (but he had an ex-wife and estranged kids) and what now. Are they going to do what needs to be done? He was all alone and it seemed like no one cared. He was a Vietnam War vet so it seems like he should get a military burial but that will probably not happen. Thanks for letting me vent about it here.

PGM35, that is so sad. Maybe he had a will and has appointed someone to look after his estate. I'm sure if there's money involved, the ex and estranged kids will show up. If not, maybe the Vietnam War Veterans will look after what needs to be done?

I know in Ontario, if you pass away intestate, without a will, the court appoints an administrator, any assets after expenses, are divided by a legal spouse and biological and adopted children. The rules are different for each province, and I imagine different for each State as well.

+ Reply to Thread