+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

MRD

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3585101;
    You and your neighbor are brave... I'd be too scared to get in and trim weeds that high!
    I have the opposite "problem" - a neighbor who mows excessively. After I mow, he remows the edge of his yard where it meets ours. Maybe he's one of those people who likes well-defined lines, but to me it always feels kind of like he's "marking his territory".
    I"ve had neighbors like that. Fortunately not right next door neighbors, but on the same street. It was almost like a pi**ing match between these two houses about the lawns and the lot line.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'v always heard that "good fences make good neighbors"... times like that, I can see why!
    Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

After many, many months of complaining to the HOA about my neighbor, I was surprised to see him cutting his grass (all of it, including the 4 foot tall weeds behind his fence), painting his shutters and front door, power-washing the oil stains from the driveway and draining the pool, replacing the liner and filling it back up again (after letting it sit idle since last August).

I was thinking about sending a thank you note to the person who finally lit a fire under his butt and got him to fix everything in short order.

Yesterday, a strange car appeared in his driveway. It belongs to his wife's parents.

Nothing like a visit from your mother in law to get you motivated!!!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

All I want to say here today is my neighbor is fantastic. She turned 70 today, I took her bread and wine she likes her wine.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3595782;
    After many, many months of complaining to the HOA about my neighbor, I was surprised to see him cutting his grass (all of it, including the 4 foot tall weeds behind his fence), painting his shutters and front door, power-washing the oil stains from the driveway and draining the pool, replacing the liner and filling it back up again (after letting it sit idle since last August).

I was thinking about sending a thank you note to the person who finally lit a fire under his butt and got him to fix everything in short order.

Yesterday, a strange car appeared in his driveway. It belongs to his wife's parents.

Nothing like a visit from your mother in law to get you motivated!!!!!
    Too funny! If he starts slacking again, you'll have to call his MIL and invite her over.

MRD

A friend of mine sent me a photo he took of a door in an apartment complex that says: "I don't allow no bombing of my door". Handwritten and stuck to the door with duct tape. I"m just glad I don't have neighbors that want to "bomb" my door.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3603257;
    A friend of mine sent me a photo he took of a door in an apartment complex that says: "I don't allow no bombing of my door". Handwritten and stuck to the door with duct tape. I"m just glad I don't have neighbors that want to "bomb" my door.
    MRD, that has got to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. I don't allow no bombing of my door either, but I didn't know I had to hang a sign to let others know.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3603764;
    MRD, that has got to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. I don't allow no bombing of my door either, but I didn't know I had to hang a sign to let others know.
    My son is a stickler for the double negatives. He would be wondering why the guy wouldn't allow people to NOT bomb his door!!

I have been waiting trepidatiously since my neighbour's house sold six weeks ago for the new people to move in. They did yesterday, and yay! The gay couple with one cat and two dachschunds (all of whom I were happy with) have been replaced by a new gay couple with one cat and two dachschunds (women this time). Because it's a small house I was reasonably certain that we wouldn't end up with a large family and four giant dogs next door, but it could have been a developer looking to tear the place down and put up one of those tacky houses developers seem to love putting up. So as things stand, all my neighbours are still good.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

YAY! for you Rattus!! I wish those were my neighbors

+ Reply to Thread