+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

MRD - maybe you should take a page out of Mr. MRD's book and meet your neighbor at the door with a gun in your hand.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

You cannot predict a drunks behavior. Yeah, maybe I should get the shotgun out, but then, the other neighbors would freak out. He's not been seen since hubby talked to him. He said hi first and I just waved and said hello. I guess now I need to just ignore any waving or hello's. But the other neighbors and I wave and say hello and that's the extent of it.

Miss Kitty, that's great news indeed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

The condo next to mine finally sold (foreclosure). The neighbors are very quiet - they must also be neighbor-phobia like I am. I haven't even seen them yet.

However, I went to the grocery store and heard the too worst words ever: "Hi Neighbor" Bwooopppp - I disappear up the aisle. The grocery store was pretty much most of my mom's social life at the end, and she would spend her day over there and chit chat with anyone. I'm not into that. I'm more of a "Hi, how are you - your roses are lovely. Gotta run." Boom - over. But I'm sure they expected me to be like my mom (she lived here for 20 some-odd years - so she knew everyone. I'm just not like that.

I'm so similar JD. I am not one for idle chit chat with anyone, not even my husband. If it isn't something I want to or need to know, I literally tune out. It's probably a bad trait of mine. I hate calling my friends on the phone, would rather txt or email them so I can respond at my own pace. I made good friends with a few neighbors and once my husband took over the manager position here it became a tug of war. I've heard them call my husband names, etc while I was within ear shot and it became tougher and tougher to really like them as people. I am very open with people but if they harm my family in any way, I'm a lioness who will pounce and kill.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Hi how are you is fine. If I want to know anything else I'll ask. (nope) Don't ask me how things are.

gabriel!! That's what are cats are for! They give us all the talking we need!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Well ya'll don't ever come South. Perfect strangers will talk to you about anything and everything. It doesn't bother me. I'm very extroverted and have had lenghthy conversations on the street corner with strangers. HOWEVER, it has brought some very nice people into my life (as well as some freaks, but you have to take the rain with the sun I guess). I love how friendly everyone is here. Even the drive through at McDonald's they are friendly. It's so much nicer than the rudeness I saw so much of in Florida. And besides making friends, I've found out some very interesting things, some great restaurant recommendations, etc. from talking to people I don't even know.

I've always tried to be friendly with others, probably since I've always lived in big, urban areas. And, since I was a kid, people seemed to always tell me about themselves. Some are definitely TMI, but I guess that's a part of the life experience.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3555472;
    I've always tried to be friendly with others, probably since I've always lived in big, urban areas. And, since I was a kid, people seemed to always tell me about themselves. Some are definitely TMI, but I guess that's a part of the life experience.
    OMG, I get that too. The exploding bowel lady in the dr., office and the other lady in a different dr. office saying she had to either see a psychiatrist or go to jail after punching out the principal at her daughter's school. But more often than not, I meet really nice and relatively normal people.
    But people feel the need to tell me all their problems. I guess I come off as a good listener, who knows.

yep, that's what is so great about the south, you never meet a stranger.
    strange people... I have met my share of those too.
    We have senior day at Kroger the first wednesday of each month and if I go on that day, it is a social event, they are all stopping and chatting.
    I'm tall, so I constantly get asked to "please reach that for me".
    Some of them are just lonely and need to talk and so I listen.

+ Reply to Thread