+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

I have horrible upstairs neighbors living in the apartment above mine. They let their 4 year old kid run back and forth across their apartment untill 3 am, they argue outside at 1 am, have stampedes of friends over at odd hours on the weekend. We'll eb trying to sleep and at 11:20, their playing their horrble music with the base turned all the way up. And I am pretty sure they have somebody living there who isnt on the lease.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Oh wow, superbrat. I feel for ya. Have you tried talking to them? (might be a dumb question but just curious)

mrd, reading your post brings back bad memories of a neighbor I had several yrs ago; soon as she moved in she was determined to force me to be her friend. (I think Seinfeld had an episode about people like that ). Saying "hi" in the carport, etc. was just not enough. She wanted to drag me into her boyfriend drama . . . and she would ask nosey VERY personal questions. Finally, I just had to literally ignore/treat her very cool to get her off my back. What a needy, clingy, pain in the neck. ick.

It's wierd because I'm the type who can easily tell if someone does not want to be bothered, and I back off.
    Last edited by tango7; 07-03-2009 at 05:55 PM.

I just call the police for any noise after 10pm. We have in our contracts that there is to be no loud tvs, talking, fighting, etc. after 10pm.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Well I didn't see him for over 3 weeks. I saw him WEd., said hello and I guess that was the invitation to start back again. He came over three times yesterday, I didn't answer the door 2 of the times, the 3rd time my husband intercepted him and told him that I was asleep and not feeling well and to not come over and knock on the door when he wasn't home. I hope it to works.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3540985;
    I have horrible upstairs neighbors living in the apartment above mine. They let their 4 year old kid run back and forth across their apartment untill 3 am, they argue outside at 1 am, have stampedes of friends over at odd hours on the weekend. We'll eb trying to sleep and at 11:20, their playing their horrble music with the base turned all the way up. And I am pretty sure they have somebody living there who isnt on the lease.
    What they're doing is against the law. Call the cops.
    Count your blessings!

Superbrat, you should tell your landlord about the extra tenant. Tenants who aren't on the lease are usually dealbreakers for landlords.

Also the more times the cops are called out to that address, the more likely the landlord will send them an eviction notice. They don't want to put up with that stuff.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3546907;
    Also the more times the cops are called out to that address, the more likely the landlord will send them an eviction notice. They don't want to put up with that stuff.
    Not necessarily.

Depends on the landlord. Some will put up with it as long as the rent is paid. An empty unit = no $$. Eviction is expensive and eviction for anything other than nonpayment of rent can get tricky. Also, calling the police (even multiple times) and proving wrongdoing, etc. are two different things. Then there is always possible retaliation (sugar in gas tank, poisoned pets, trashed gardens/lawns).

I agree the things described are awful to have to live with . . .I'm just pointing out some of the ramifications.

I'd talk to the landlord, call police when appropriate, document incidences, but also look for another place to live.

I just got a new neighbor to my left and she's great!! She's a single girl with a nice big doggie named Bailey! I looked after her place while she went away and she even brought me back a fish from the coast!!

And now the house to my right just sold. New Neighbors #2 coming!! Don't know if it's a couple or family or who.

AND, yes, there's more, the house at the corner just sold!! New Neighbors #3... A nice couple with two children! The Best News is that they are not bulldozing and are willing to fix up the neglected little house. We are all sooooo happy!!

So, 1,2,3,.....it's time for a little party!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3542492;
    Well I didn't see him for over 3 weeks. I saw him WEd., said hello and I guess that was the invitation to start back again. He came over three times yesterday, I didn't answer the door 2 of the times, the 3rd time my husband intercepted him and told him that I was asleep and not feeling well and to not come over and knock on the door when he wasn't home. I hope it to works.
    Well that will teach you not to say "hi" to him!
    But seriously, that stinks. This guy's behavior is just weird. I hope your husband's words sink in and he doesn't keep showing up!

misskitty - That is great news! I hope the mysterious neighbor #2 turns out to be as good as #1 and #3!

+ Reply to Thread