+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Had a friend who needed a place to stay for a while.
    After I came home 1 night and saw he had not even put out water for the cats, I told him that it was not working out and that I had long ago dealt with alcoholism in the family and could not deal with it again. I think he chose to see it as more "my problem" than his, but he did move on, nevertheless.

On the other hand, I have a neighbor in our condo. He is a classic hippie from the 60's who did way too many drugs back then. I have learned with him that it's often best to proceed cautiously with people who overdo either drugs o r alcohol. Some days, he can be very affable. Other times, he can get extremely hostile. I had asked him to please put his trash in a bag and not just throw it down the trash chute because of the smell and unhygienic conditions that can cause. Well, he totally flipped out at me and I was really frightened for my safety.

So, if I were you, MRD, I'd just proceed real cautiously. Sometimes, minor things can set off people who overdo drugs and booze. Be careful.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 06-13-2009 at 08:54 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3499623;
    I was just awonderin' if a few of us should get on over there by myrosiedogs' place with our rockin' chairs and asit in wait for this one to come by? We will show him an Andy Griffith Town of Mayberry support group and tell him to go on and git.
    Come on, I have a nice porch which I have been sitting on today and yesterday and he has not even poked his face out. I'm guessing I'm good for a few days until he forgets and then I'm just going to be firm and tell him to go away.
    But ya'll are more than welcome.

He came over one day a couple weeks ago when I had a friend over and we (she and I) were sitting on the porch and she told him he'd better not get any closer as she was recovering from Swine Flu. Went totally over his head, but she did tell him, "nice to chat with you and everything, but I came to visit my friend, so see you later". He stopped, scratched his head and left.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3499623;
    I was just awonderin' if a few of us should get on over there by myrosiedogs' place with our rockin' chairs and asit in wait for this one to come by? We will show him an Andy Griffith Town of Mayberry support group and tell him to go on and git.

Change Joey's name to Joe Bob and sic him on MRD's awful neighbor when you come down South!

MRD: I totally agree with QueenB... You've done the Southern Hospitality "thang" and that didn't seem to impress the fool. He certainly should understand that you don't want him there at all - much less when your husband is not there. I also hope that he doesn't lurk around when your daughter is home alone.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3499970;
    He came over one day a couple weeks ago when I had a friend over and we (she and I) were sitting on the porch and she told him he'd better not get any closer as she was recovering from Swine Flu. Went totally over his head, but she did tell him, "nice to chat with you and everything, but I came to visit my friend, so see you later". He stopped, scratched his head and left.
    There's your solution! You need a dummy and a little practice with ventriloquism.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I wish I had a photo of this guy so you could see how frail he is. My daughter and I both do not need to worry about him in a phyisical sense. If the guy weighs more than 110, I'd be surprised. He's lonely and wants company, that's his only annoyance. I do not worry about any thing else with him and I really don't worry about anything physical or violent. I just want to be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3500309;
    I wish I had a photo of this guy so you could see how frail he is. My daughter and I both do not need to worry about him in a phyisical sense. If the guy weighs more than 110, I'd be surprised. He's lonely and wants company, that's his only annoyance. I do not worry about any thing else with him and I really don't worry about anything physical or violent. I just want to be left alone.
    Reminds me of Greta Garbo - I vant to be left alone!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

MRD

EXACTLY Archie.

I decide when I want to be social.

I only work part time, but in my job I am "on" for the public. I have a lot of public interaction and I love it, but when I'm not working, I prefer my own company.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3500316;
    EXACTLY Archie.

I decide when I want to be social.

I only work part time, but in my job I am "on" for the public. I have a lot of public interaction and I love it, but when I'm not working, I prefer my own company.
    Well said. I know I look like the midnight skulker around here, but I'm snobby and just a bit shy (go figure) - and I have found in the past that all some people need is a 2 minute conversation and they feel it's an invitation to pop in any old time. And that usually cuts in to either my fort time or my nap time.

MRD

Well it's been 3 weeks today since the last time the neighbor came over, or that I've seen him other than glimpses. I think he finally got the hint.

That's great news MRD!!!!

+ Reply to Thread