+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3498824;
    It's about time I tried on my vegas apparel anyway.
    allright!!! That was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3498282;

It's annoying when you can't enjoy the porch or yard that you are PAYING for because of the inconsiderate neighbors.
    OK, time for my opinion, this has gone too far. Tell him to get the F off your property unless you specifiacally ask him to come over, and not to even think about hanging around on the property line looking sad--he CANNOT EVER come over if Mr MRD isn't home! Tell him he CAN"T EVER have another cigarette from you, and that if he shows up banging on the door or aggravating you while you are on the porch, you will call the cops. Then follow through.You are just too nice! Even though he has never done anything to you, drunks are dangerous, especially the kind prone to blacking out, and he doesn't need to ever be there while you are alone. I used to have a drunk for a next door neighbor, when I was (a lot) younger, and he used to show up wanting a dollar, a cigarette, to dig fishing worms, whatever, all the time. Then one day he just happened to show up and tried pushing me when I said no smokes--at the time I was very strong from throwing hay bales and horse feed, and was able to knock him on his ass and out the door. From that day on, I called 911 every time I saw him approaching--it took several times but finally worked.
    Even if this guy is somehow guaranteed 100% safe, he has no right whatever to just show up the way he does; you CAN TOO enjoy your own place, even if it means a bit of evil-ness on your part till he gets the hint. Come on, learn to enjoy being an ASS when you need to be!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb, thanks for saying what I really wanted to say!

Always count on it, famita...
    MRD, I have no doctor or physical therapy next week--do you want me to come fix him for you

queenb - you GO girl!!!! Listen to her MRD.
    Count your blessings!

I'm with queenb here!

Queenb is absolutely right. My father was an alcoholic and I have a brother who is slowly killing himself with booze. The one thing I've learned is that you can't be nice or polite or politically correct with a drunk. It just doesn't work. You have to come right out and say what's on your mind and not worry about hurting his feelings. Alcoholics are great at using people who are willing to enable them to continue their behavior. You have to stop being that person. If you don't want him around, say so in plain English, and then be consistent about it. He will eventually get the hint and maybe you can even have a somewhat friendly relationship without having to be joined at the hip. Good luck.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3498992;
    OK, time for my opinion, this has gone too far. Tell him to get the F off your property unless you specifiacally ask him to come over, and not to even think about hanging around on the property line looking sad--he CANNOT EVER come over if Mr MRD isn't home! Tell him he CAN"T EVER have another cigarette from you, and that if he shows up banging on the door or aggravating you while you are on the porch, you will call the cops. Then follow through.You are just too nice! Even though he has never done anything to you, drunks are dangerous, especially the kind prone to blacking out, and he doesn't need to ever be there while you are alone. I used to have a drunk for a next door neighbor, when I was (a lot) younger, and he used to show up wanting a dollar, a cigarette, to dig fishing worms, whatever, all the time. Then one day he just happened to show up and tried pushing me when I said no smokes--at the time I was very strong from throwing hay bales and horse feed, and was able to knock him on his ass and out the door. From that day on, I called 911 every time I saw him approaching--it took several times but finally worked.
    Even if this guy is somehow guaranteed 100% safe, he has no right whatever to just show up the way he does; you CAN TOO enjoy your own place, even if it means a bit of evil-ness on your part till he gets the hint. Come on, learn to enjoy being an ASS when you need to be!
    Queenb, that is almost exactly what I did do, except I used much worse language. It had some effect for about 2 weeks. And I can take this guy easily if he were to become aggressive. I'm not worried about that. I want to be left alone and I did mention the cops and trespassing and get the F out of my yard, etc. You'd have been damn proud if you could have heard me.

Just didn't work well. But He has not been over in 5 days, so maybe this is the start of him leaving me alone.

Yeah, come on up and take care of him for me. I'd love for you too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good girl--it does take a few times. But it will eventually get through his drunk skull that you are not EVER going to be nice, and that you WILL act crazy if you see him heading your way! Kind of like training a dog, only stupider; don't EVER let him have a good outcome, not even one smoke, when he sees you.

I was just awonderin' if a few of us should get on over there by myrosiedogs' place with our rockin' chairs and asit in wait for this one to come by? We will show him an Andy Griffith Town of Mayberry support group and tell him to go on and git.

+ Reply to Thread