+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How Are Your Neighbors?

Re: How Are Your Neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3494852;
    ....and if I do see him and can't get away from it....I'm going to tell him that I can't deal with it because it's too painful for me and let the chips fall where they may.
    I do not think there is ANYTHING wrong with this approach. It sounds like you have dealt with more than your share of addicted people in your life. You should NOT be guilted into dealing with another one! I think that if you get stuck in this position again, being honest with him is a perfectly reasonable approach.

On top of that, I cannot believe that when you took him books, he had the gall to complain about the genre! You would think that any genre would be better than the dictionary!! You were doing a very nice thing and his response was beyond rude!

MRD

More on the neighbor saga. 2 nights ago at 2 am, ambulance, firetruck and cops show up. I didn't find out about it until yesterday as it didn't wake us up, but woke up my daughter who told me yesterday afternoon.
    So today, my husband sees the guy outside and asks if he's ok. Well apparantly what happened is that the guy that buys his liquor had sprayed the house and yard for fleas. Neighbor gets drunk, passes out on his sofa that has been liberally sprayed with poison, wakes up at 2 am and calls 911 because he doesn't feel good. He has no memory of any of it, he's getting the story from the guy that buys his booze who also happened to be there when all this happened. The EMT's show up and he's disoriented and they apparantly give him some sort of shot and he refuses to go to the hospital. He tells my husband that he was just drunk and that he has been drunk now for 3 days or more. Nice, huh?

Believe me when I say that the rest of my neighbors are all nice, middle class people with jobs or are retired.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3497772;
    Believe me when I say that the rest of my neighbors are all nice, middle class people with jobs or are retired.

Wow, I'm getting very frustrated just reading all that you have been going through. My next door neighbor drives me insane with the chit chat but it's not anywhere near what you have been going through. Also, my neighbour behind me has two pit bull dogs, and if I'm out with my 12 pound shi tzu and they are out, they coming running to the fence barking and growling, which makes me scram real fast. Then I'm all ticked because I can't sit in my back yard and enjoy some peace and quiet. (while having a smoke)

I'm just curious about the other neighbors and how they are able not to have anything to do with him? Have you spoken to other neighbors about your problem with him?

I just read all your posts, and I believe there was a family member who pays his bills? Are you able to speak to that person? Maybe you can get suggestions from him/her?

Good luck, geesh, that is very frustrating.

MRD

I don't know his family member and she doesn't have a lot to do with him from what I gather. The other neighbors scram when they see him, but apparantly none of them ever started any chit chat with him to begin with. That was our mistake, before we knew what he was like, we invited him over. That's what started it.
    Like I said, most of the winter it wasn't bad as we didn't see much of him, it's only been since it warmed up.

We used to have a neighbor who had a pit bull that used to do that same thing and interestingly enough, we also had a shih tzu at the time.

It's annoying when you can't enjoy the porch or yard that you are PAYING for because of the inconsiderate neighbors.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Is this something that's actionable via restraining order? I can be a fussy mean b****h when the quiet enjoyment (wording in my rental agreement) of my home for which I pay good money is effed up, so I'm the type who'd look into that.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

If the neighbor has some other fella buying his booze for him, why can't that guy buy his cigarettes too?

We have a very eccentric (that's the most polite word I can drum up to describe him) neighbor who's property is an eyesore but apparently falls within the boundaries of the city code. He walks everywhere and I made the mistake long ago of offering him a ride.
    He read me the riot act for not only offering him a ride but for having the gall to look at him!

Whenever we see him out walking now, we always yell "don't look at him"

Good luck with your neighbor MRD.....I'm not sure what will work to repel him but I'm guessing that if you put up a "do not disturb" sign, he wouldn't think it applied to him!

There are a bunch of people around here that do the same thing. That is the reason I don't get chummy with the neighbors. I'm very private - and I DO NOT like pop-ins.

Good luck MRD, let us know if you find something that works. Who knows when/if the rest of us might need it!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3498810;
    and I DO NOT like pop-ins.
    Heck J.D., I was going to stop by on my way home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3498822;
    Heck J.D., I was going to stop by on my way home tonight.
    Not a problem Unk, you know where I hide my spare key. You know you are welcome any time! It's about time I tried on my vegas apparel anyway.

+ Reply to Thread